Strachan On Off The Ball - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan On Off The Ball

northernscum

Broadfoot is shadowing Strachan in the studio. There will only be certain types of questions / topics allowed.

Yeah, Tam and Stuart were not holding back with the digs, with Broadfoot giving it "I am not here" almost.

Strachan was really good and some encouraging comments.

I loved the comment from Mr Strachan on Thursday evening before the Everton game on ITV:

Sudio presenter : "Gordon, you've shaved off your goatee beard?"

GS: "Aye, I've finished my mid-life crisis"

Haha superb looking forward to listening to this. Has a high profile manager such as the Scotland manager ever appeared on this show before??

Think they have had a number of ex managers on it over the year (Sure the Doc, Burley and maybe even Bobby Brown.... paw Broon has been on it countless times) with Strachan the only current Scotland boss they have had (that's what they were saying on the after match show this evening)

Listened to this last night. Definitely seems more than content in the job as it allows him to do a variety of thing rather than being consumed by club football. More than encouraged for the rest of the campaign from the things he was saying. Also loved his story from Spain 82 where he and John Robertson got bevvied with the Russian and sang dreaming of a white Christmas whilst doing the post match urine test.