Bon Scott Death - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bon Scott Death

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did chortle though when replaying that though. We did think it was so cool back then. :lol:

It's brilliant - I've watched it several time now! Highlights are the second guitarist starting on the boards then moving to guitar and the bass player (especially the bit where he moves up beside the lead guitarist).

It's brilliant - I've watched it several time now! Highlights are the second guitarist starting on the boards then moving to guitar and the bass player (especially the bit where he moves up beside the lead guitarist).

I think I watched that at the time on the Whistle Test. Doctor, Doctor got into the charts believe it or not, there was an appearance on TOTP too. I bought the single, 'limited edition' in clear vinyl, might even still have it somewhere, although haven't thought about it for about 20 years. Pete Way the bassist was a classic hell raiser, booze/drugs/groupies the lot, pretty sure he was basically hammered for most of the late 70s and 80s. Remarkably he is still alive. Edited by Pool Q

Anyone at the AC/DC gig where Angus came out with a Rangers scarf (think it was the FTATR tour in 81ish)?

Also was it the 79 gig that was close to being axed half way through the gig because the fans started wreaking the place?

Malcolm talks about the 78 gig on the Australian version of family jewels and said the Scotland kit idea came about because they had been at the Scotland v England home nations match at Hampden during the day (Bon Scott's scotland 78 World Cup scarf was in display in the Kelvinegrove a few years back).

Malcolm talks about the 78 gig on the Australian version of family jewels and said the Scotland kit idea came about because they had been at the Scotland v England home nations match at Hampden during the day.

Hate to pull up Malcolm's memory given his health, but that gig was 3 weeks before the England game (May 20th)...

http://www.ac-dc.net/archives/subcategory.php?city_id=191

Hate to pull up Malcolm's memory given his health, but that gig was 3 weeks before the England game (May 20th)...

http://www.ac-dc.net/archives/subcategory.php?city_id=191

lol probably trying to sound cool/Rock n Roll, as I said, it's only on the Aussie version of the Family Jewels dvd where he talks about recording IYWBYGI and first time Angus tried out his wireless Guitar link up (at a warm up he was trying it out everywhere (even going out onto the streets to the amusement of passer by'ers)