Vincent Tan - Tamed - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Vincent Tan - Tamed

Don't think there's any Cardiff City fans here but surely we can all sympathise with what they've been through under that bloody madman Vicent Tan.

Anyway, today fan power prevailed. After discussions with the supporters, Tan has directed that Cardiff City will return to playing in blue from tomorrow and will change the club's badge shortly. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30741073

A good news story anyway.

Brilliant news.

I'm a season ticket holder at Cardiff and have been going since 2005 when I first moved to South Wales. I was seriously considering whether or not to renew again next season due to the shambolic last few months and the general bad feeling.

This and the announced reduction in prices for next season means I probably will now.

But more importantly the culture, history and traditions of the club are being restored. Whilst these may not be of any great importance to any billy big balls who wants to buy a football club it is something supporters of all clubs hold very dear.

This is a victory not just for us at CCFC but for football supporters across the land.

Yes we must modernise as times come and go, but we must also respect the past and the history of all our clubs. Club colours are sacrosanct and need to remain so. Fanny about with the away strips fair enough but your club colours are non negotiable.

Let's hope this kind of sense prevails at clubs such as Hull City also.

Well done Mr Tan for having the guts to backtrack and compromise.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

I reckon his plan for red Cardiff tops selling in the Far East didnt go down as well as he thought. Left with falling sales here/threats of boycotts and Cardiff tenure in the division on a shoogly peg were enough to change his mind.

Great news for Cardiff, managed to take in a few games at Ninian Park when I was down there on business a few years ago. Pity it was demolished. Was a great atmosphere, old school ground.

Edited by giblet

Brilliant news.

I'm a season ticket holder at Cardiff and have been going since 2005 when I first moved to South Wales. I was seriously considering whether or not to renew again next season due to the shambolic last few months and the general bad feeling.

This and the announced reduction in prices for next season means I probably will now.

But more importantly the culture, history and traditions of the club are being restored. Whilst these may not be of any great importance to any billy big balls who wants to buy a football club it is something supporters of all clubs hold very dear.

This is a victory not just for us at CCFC but for football supporters across the land.

Yes we must modernise as times come and go, but we must also respect the past and the history of all our clubs. Club colours are sacrosanct and need to remain so. Fanny about with the away strips fair enough but your club colours are non negotiable.

Let's hope this kind of sense prevails at clubs such as Hull City also.

Well done Mr Tan for having the guts to backtrack and compromise.

Didn't know there be any Bluebirds fans on here :ok:. I stand corrected.

Cardiff had played in blue for over a hundred years prior to the change. Your completely correct that something like that should never be messed around with.

Enjoy seeing your team back wearing their historic colours again. B)

Didn't know there be any Bluebirds fans on here :ok:. I stand corrected.

Cardiff had played in blue for over a hundred years prior to the change. Your completely correct that something like that should never be messed around with.

Enjoy seeing your team back wearing their historic colours again. B)

Cheers man will certainly do so, starting tomorrow. The place should be rocking!

I reckon his plan for red Cardiff tops selling in the Far East didnt go down as well as he thought. Left with falling sales here/threats of boycotts and Cardiff tenure in the division on a shoogly peg were enough to change his mind.

Great news for Cardiff, managed to take in a few games at Ninian Park when I was down there on business a few years ago. Pity it was demolished. Was a great atmosphere, old school ground.

Loved the old ground. Atmosphere was superb which was instrumental in me going back after the first couple of games I went to and eventually buying season tickets for the past 8 seasons or so.

To be fair, the atmosphere in the new ground was far better than I expected it would be (Leicester in the playoff a few years ago was incredible) and hopefully after this announcement will be again as from tomorrow ?

Edited by DaveyDenoon