Killie V Ra Tic - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Killie V Ra Tic

Its stupid because he's not a fan, he's a professional player who just happens to play for a direct rival of the team he is supporting. Pretty stupid to cheer on a team that just gained three points on you....

his attitude sums up Scottish fitba, all that still matters is Celtic and that new club. I think it's disrespectful to the fans who pay his wages

If this were a Celtic player in the Rangers end supporting Rangers it'd be Armageddon for that players career in Scotland. Edit - I'm not saying get rid of him but he shouldn't be doing this when at a rival club.

There's no evidence (that I've seen) saying he was cheering them on.

It's I'll advised and disrespectful I'd agree, more so given the current state of play.

Personally I'd like to get to the bottom of why NM felt it reasonable to attend, and why his agent thought it was a good idea to share the photo.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's I'll advised and disrespectful I'd agree, more so given the current state of play.

Personally I'd like to get to the bottom of why NM felt it reasonable to attend, and why his agent thought it was a good idea to share the photo.

I'll take back the cheering them on comment but I stand by the rest. Very ill advised and disrespectful in my opinion, I understand that some won't see this as an issue but it's always something I never understood with players........... Zander diamond used to piss me off when he actively touted his support for a rival team as if we were just some shitty wee hobby he had and his allegiance was with the big club.

Its stupid because he's not a fan, he's a professional player who just happens to play for a direct rival of the team he is supporting. Pretty stupid to cheer on a team that just gained three points on you....

his attitude sums up Scottish fitba, all that still matters is Celtic and that new club. I think it's disrespectful to the fans who pay his wages

If this were a Celtic player in the Rangers end supporting Rangers it'd be Armageddon for that players career in Scotland. Edit - I'm not saying get rid of him but he shouldn't be doing this when at a rival club.

I've yet to see a picture of him cheering on anyone.

I have however seen a picture of him at a celtic game with his children.

Possibly,and this is just a guess,his children were brought up supporting celtic,dad had a day off and they asked to go to the game.

What an arsehole he is,doing something with the kids.

Sack him immediately. Clearly not a good role model.

And yes,as I said earlier. His agent is a knob.

Rangers and Celtic are traditional rivals though. Don't think many will play for one whilst supporting the other.

Griffiths goes to see hibs regularly. And I'm sure many other players do too.

Possibly,and this is just a guess,his children were brought up supporting celtic,dad had a day off and they asked to go to the game.

What an arsehole he is,doing something with the kids.

Sack him immediately. Clearly not a good role model.

And yes,as I said earlier. His agent is a knob.

Mmmmm.

Nobody has said sack him.

'Enough' will find his decision unacceptable given the current league positions though.

Not sure what to think at the moment. I'll maybe hang fire on any judgement until I hear/see a bit more.

Griffiths goes to see hibs regularly. And I'm sure many other players do too.

What would you be saying if one of your top players (a self confessed Aberdeen fan and ex player) went to watch the Dons in identical circumstances? (Having just signed a contract extension you're paying for)

It's not a niggle. Simply the opposite perspective.

As I said, I'm not sure exactly what to think yet. There's more to come though......

The children are his Agents (Agent Gerry) and they were at the Aberdeen v Motherwell game the day before in the Aberdeen end.Agent Gerry is the agent of both Stokes & McGinn.

Thats nice, if so.

Cannae wait for the reaction when he tweets photo's of Stokes and his own kids in the Aberdeen end on Sunday. ;)

I had no idea that was McGinn and Stokes.

He's joined his mate and agent + kids in going to a football game. I'm honestly struggling to see why this is news at all.

You're struggling to see why an employee (and a senior and high-profile one at that) of Aberdeen FC, supporting one of our competitors, to the detriment of AFC, might be an issue?

You're struggling to see why an employee (and a senior and high-profile one at that) of Aberdeen FC, supporting one of our competitors, to the detriment of AFC, might be an issue?

McGinn is a quiet, level-headed guy. What I see in that photo is him going to a game with a friend of his, plus his agent and his agents kids.

It's not as if he was steaming in a pub with a bunch a brain-dead mates, singing songs about his clubs biggest rivals.

McGinn's been outstanding in our recent run, and tbh, continuing that form is all I care about.

McGinn is a quiet, level-headed guy. What I see in that photo is him going to a game with a friend of his, plus his agent and his agents kids.

It's not as if he was steaming in a pub with a bunch a brain-dead mates, singing songs about his clubs biggest rivals.

McGinn's been outstanding in our recent run, and tbh, continuing that form is all I care about.

None of that relates to his active supporting of a competitor, to the detriment of AFC...

You might not care, that's your prerogative.

McGinn has played well of late, although he was probably due a good run after spending the previous 8 months or so being a passenger.

None of that relates to his active supporting of a competitor, to the detriment of AFC...

You might not care, that's your prerogative.

McGinn has played well of late, although he was probably due a good run after spending the previous 8 months or so being a passenger.

It's a indication of the Scottish football mentality, the tims and that new club are seen as the only show in town and the rest of us are still seen as there to make up numbers. I do not think he can be that level headed, surely he would have realised that this was an ill advised move and that some dons fans would not be happy especially considering the current circumstances regarding league positions.

It's not the end of the world and not a sackable offence but I think a quiet word is needed from Mcinnes.

We've had many celtic and rangers fans playing for us, Mcliesh being one of the most high profile along with Charlie Nicholas and neith would have been daft enough to go and sit with either support, in fact both probably tried harder against them

Edited by vanderark14

He's a footballer watching a game of football. Would there be the same outrage from people if he followed Arbroath and went to watch them.

They're near the top of the league,were challenging them,so what.

Isn't he allowed to have some personal time anymore? I can't see how this is negative against AFC at all tbh.

Somewhere between a non story and stupidity for me.

I get why some would 'want' it to be a non story though - Perhaps in response to 'why' his agent tweeted the photo?

Met him once, 2 new years ago at the BP station just out of Dundee. After the UTD game at Pittodrie.

He couldn't have been nicer or grounded. Took a lot of time to chat to my son about the game. A really nice lad.

He's a footballer watching a game of football. Would there be the same outrage from people if he followed Arbroath and went to watch them.

Isn't he allowed to have some personal time anymore? I can't see how this is negative against AFC at all tbh.

Nobody has said he isn't allowed personal time and the difference between Arbroath and celtic is fairly obvious, one is a direct rival of ours and the other isn't. He's there supporting a direct rival, he's not just there to watch. There is a difference.

You appear more outraged than anyone DD........ ;)

It was stupid. His agent is clearly trying to stir things - or is even more stupid. I would stick this down to being ill-advised.

I remember seeing David Robertson in the Aberdeen end when we played Celtic in a cup semi at Ibrox. He got a hard time off some Aberdeen fans (given who he played for at the time) for being in the stand - he's an Aberdeen fan.

As Vanderark says, the difference between Celtic and Arbroath is that one is a direct rival, one isn't.

And yes, he's allowed free time. However spending his free time supporting a rival is unacceptable. McGinn has a duty, in the same way that any professional person does, to conduct himself professionally and maintain the best interests of his employer outside work. If I made an arse of myself outside work I'd expect to be sacked by my employer.

Now, I don't want McGinn sacked but a boot in the baws and a word in the ear are definitely required.

As Vanderark says, the difference between Celtic and Arbroath is that one is a direct rival, one isn't.

And yes, he's allowed free time. However spending his free time supporting a rival is unacceptable. McGinn has a duty, in the same way that any professional person does, to conduct himself professionally and maintain the best interests of his employer outside work. If I made an arse of myself outside work I'd expect to be sacked by my employer.

Now, I don't want McGinn sacked but a boot in the baws and a word in the ear are definitely required.

Given McInnes was also at the game (working for Sky) is it perhaps possible that the club knew in advance he was going to be attending?

I know that Ryan Jack attended whichever cup final Richard Foster played in during his loan spell at Rangers.