The Dundee Appreciation Thread. - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Dundee Appreciation Thread.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to start a new thread but thought I'd post it due to the Dundee connection.

I know that family (aunts & uncles) who shared this with me.

It only takes a minute: Dundee man asks for public support in Gary Barlow quest

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/it-only-takes-a-minute-dundee-man-asks-for-public-support-in-gary-barlow-quest-1.771110

I used to think it was a Scottish thing to slag the 'other guy' or 'other place'. Edinburgh v Glasgow etc, then you realise it's a human thing, Liverpool v Manchester, Sydney v Melbourne etc

Dundee can be great, and it can be a shyte hole, just the same as any other place in Scotland.

Good post. Agree absolutely.

p.s. Dundee's a cowp!

A lot of my memories of Dundee were built in the 80's when, to be fair, Dundee was a run-down armpit of a place.

In the last year or so, because a good friend lives close by, I've spent quite a lot of time going out in Dundee and...wow...what a transformation. The city centre feels quite vibrant, there are some good restaurants there and some really cracking bars.

As with all Scottish towns and cities, 1960's and 70's town planners spawned some concrete abortions of shopping centres, parking garages and ring-roads, but the overall feeling is one of a city that's going somewhere and making a real attempt to regenerate itself.

Good on it, I've got a lot of time for Dundee now.

Had some great nights out in Dundee. Although, I have to be honest, other than that I haven't spent too much time in the city. BF is superb for a wee pub crawl culminating in a curry. The Tassie (Open) week in Carnoustie is also brilliant.

It has already been touched upon several times in this thread, but all the Scottish cities have plenty of pro's and con's. It would be silly to try and generalise an entire city - it comes down to individual experiences. All Scottish cities are great in their own way and offer different things to different people. Except the weej - it's just sh1t :D. Actually, I went out with a burd from the weej for 7 years, I have to admit, it really is a cracking place.