Hands Aff - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I assume you mean langfield...

I wouldn't have extended his contract. I can totally understand signing Reynolds and considine though. Both are very good SPFL premiership level players.

It's not always about protecting losing players for nothing, it's about building a team, showing it's going to be kept together and therefore ensuring everyone buys in to what is trying to be achieved.

I get the building a team and buying into it ethos. It is obviously something that is the plan at Pittodrie. With money being so tight it makes imo zero sense to have players tied up on long deals unless they are top young talents. One or at most two year contracts suffice the way the game is.

Whilst it is obviously sensible to tie up young promising players on longer contracts to protect resale values the lengthy deals handed out to the likes of Langford,Considine and Reynolds to name but three make none on age and/or ability grounds. Who is going to buy these players? It is just eating up budget for the next few seasons.

Considine and Reynolds have been an integral part of a defence that has had something like 10 clean sheets in the last 12 games. And Considine isn't even playing in his proper position.

Reynolds is one of the best defenders in the country, and Considine gives 120% every game and comes under the category of 'model pro'.

I'm quite happy to have both of them at Pittodrie for a while yet. Ta.

I get the building a team and buying into it ethos. It is obviously something that is the plan at Pittodrie. With money being so tight it makes imo zero sense to have players tied up on long deals unless they are top young talents. One or at most two year contracts suffice the way the game is.

There must be a fair possibility that the likes of Pawlett and Jack will move on. Tying up the more senior pros is making sure we don't end having to replace the best part of a whole team should any of them get an offer from elsewhere. As much continuity as possible is the way forward as we won't be crashing out big fees.

Bit strange that a St Johnstone fan is concerned about Aberdeen's contract strategy.

A racist mandate?

Is that what it's called when 2 members of the KKK go for a pint together?

Laughed at that a tad more than I should have :lol:

I'm not fishing for you to take a bite SaintlyScot, whenever I need an example of a thick SNP supporter who is blinded by petty nationalism, that's all I need from you :)