Ann Budge - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gorgie Billy Boys, FTP and the IRA, No tims in Gorgie. Tbf the older Jambos were not happy with the singing. I was born under a Union Jack also

i suppose the union jack one is debatable but i thought we were getting past the rest, certainly not heard them at home games for a while and i dont tend to go to many away games anymore.

From reading the messageboards there does seem to be a new gang of youngsters who have tried to start an 'atmostphere' at away games and it has led to a fair bit of infighting, hopefully it is stamped out.

I know Hearts used to take their own stewards to away games, not sure if they still do, would like to see them doing something about it.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Walters? Really?

While not wishing to condone sectarianism, racism or any other ism, she does appear to be attempting to deal with what happening now.

Most of the Hearts team weren't born when Mark Walters played in Scotland (1987-91), and attitudes have thankfully moved a long way in 25 years.

Walters got the same treatment from the greatest fans in the world.

i suppose the union jack one is debatable but i thought we were getting past the rest, certainly not heard them at home games for a while and i dont tend to go to many away games anymore.

From reading the messageboards there does seem to be a new gang of youngsters who have tried to start an 'atmostphere' at away games and it has led to a fair bit of infighting, hopefully it is stamped out.

I know Hearts used to take their own stewards to away games, not sure if they still do, would like to see them doing something about it.

A wee bit self policing is always good, the majority of Jambos are fine :ok:

As ever with Celtic fans, the reaction to criticism of the huge amount of utter scum in their support is to deflect, deflect, deny, deny.

You can see it from the usual suspects on here.

The only way to handle these scum, is to keep the scum out of your ground. Hearts should do the same as Aberdeen did....cut their ticket supply, and keep these f*ckers away from decent people.

They won't change their behaviour, because there's no real pressure on them to do it.

Fine. So marginalise the scum.

As ever with Celtic fans, the reaction to criticism of the huge amount of utter scum in their support is to deflect, deflect, deny, deny.

You can see it from the usual suspects on here.

The only way to handle these scum, is to keep the scum out of your ground. Hearts should do the same as Aberdeen did....cut their ticket supply, and keep these f*ckers away from decent people.

They won't change their behaviour, because there's no real pressure on them to do it.

Fine. So marginalise the scum.

Aberdeen limited the tickets for 1 game and fair play to them, the home fans turned out in numbers. How many times have the Dons sold out there home allocation over the last 20 years against the old firm?

I'm not taking the piss here,but when she said the 12,000+ crowd,was that the actual attendance?

From what I could gather,hearts were near on selling out most weeks. Did people avoid this game,premeditating what was gonna happen?

Edited by dandydunn

The response from Celtic, from an institution, company and football club of that size is utterly shameful. Its an absolute disgrace and only fans the flames. What will it take for their ignorant leaders to get their own house in order, a similar incident to that witnessed in Spain this week ?

Hopefully their statement has actually made Ann Budge and Hearts decision easy and when we are back in the SPL there is a blanked ban on Celtic supporters from this fixture. Its the only sensible action now.

I'm not taking the piss here,but when she said the 12,000+ crowd,was that the actual attendance?

From what I could gather,hearts were near on selling out most weeks. Did people avoid this game,premeditating what was gonna happen?

Yes it was 12,676 by far the lowest crowd of the season.

The main reason was that it wasn't on the season ticket so it was an additional cost. A lot of Hearts fans are attending league games home and away this season so have prioritised that. Additionally many are paying direct debits each month for the FOH repayment.

Many also never bothered suspecting we would lose (comfortably) because Celtic are a better team and because they would be aided by the referee. All of which of course happened.

Others especially families avoided it because it is a poisonous atmosphere and because due to the Scottish Cup rules a full stand would have to be given to the Celtic support. Fortunately no such rules are in place for SPL games.

Edited by Hendricks

Speaking as a Hearts fan I thought Celtic's response was awful. I visited their website to make sure it was real as it's the kind of thing I would expect from an internet WUM.

Can the neutrals commenting on the statement make themselves known please as I appreciate that I'm biased.

Speaking as a Hearts fan I thought Celtic's response was awful. I visited their website to make sure it was real as it's the kind of thing I would expect from an internet WUM.

Can the neutrals commenting on the statement make themselves known please as I appreciate that I'm biased.

Regardless of your allegiance anyone that defends the tone of that statement nevermind the content is clearly at it. It is irresponsible at best. Lawell really is a disgusting individual.

Funny how Celtic fans think that the atmosphere is always poisonous at Tynecastle yet everyone else thinks it's great other than when Celtic are there... common denominator anyone?

Poisonous it certainly is and in my opinion only when Celtic fans are there to make it that way. The desperation for the victim status with this shower is astounding, how could it ever be anything to do with their own actions eh?

Pathetic.

The response from Celtic was very poor. Totally incapable of accepting there was an issue with their own fans for fear of losing even more of them.

Always the victim, it's never their fault.

Celtic have never, ever taken responsibility for the behaviour of the large amount of utter scum in their support.

It's what happens when you have a permanent victim mentality....it's impossible to believe that you can ever be at fault.

The response from Celtic, from an institution, company and football club of that size is utterly shameful. Its an absolute disgrace and only fans the flames. What will it take for their ignorant leaders to get their own house in order, a similar incident to that witnessed in Spain this week ?

Hopefully their statement has actually made Ann Budge and Hearts decision easy and when we are back in the SPL there is a blanked ban on Celtic supporters from this fixture. Its the only sensible action now.

Spot on. :ok:

Funny how Celtic fans think that the atmosphere is always poisonous at Tynecastle yet everyone else thinks it's great other than when Celtic are there... common denominator anyone?

Poisonous it certainly is and in my opinion only when Celtic fans are there to make it that way. The desperation for the victim status with this shower is astounding, how could it ever be anything to do with their own actions eh?

Pathetic.

Bigotry.

Love when the old victim line comes out. Of course when one of our players gets assaulted in the street and then at a stadium he brings it on himself. Make your mind up.

Tynecastle is my favourite venue because of the atmosphere. We don't like Hearts and they hate us and that's not going to change. A section of Hearts fans are just Edinburgh huns. Same songs, same bile, same hatred.

Although I enjoy it when we play there getting called a paedo and a fenian is hardly banter. Not been called a traitor recently or a plastic paddy but then again the Referendum proved without a shadow of a doubt that when Scotland needed you the most it was Celtic fans in their thousands who voted yes. The anti Scottish Edinburgh and Aberdonian wanks should be ashamed.

We have idiots in our away support that embarrass themselves and our club and I hope if they have committed any crime they are suitably punished.

The main reason was that it wasn't on the season ticket so it was an additional cost. A lot of Hearts fans are attending league games home and away this season so have prioritised that. Additionally many are paying direct debits each month for the FOH repayment.

Many also never bothered suspecting we would lose (comfortably) because Celtic are a better team and because they would be aided by the referee. All of which of course happened.

Others especially families avoided it because it is a poisonous atmosphere and because due to the Scottish Cup rules a full stand would have to be given to the Celtic support. Fortunately no such rules are in place for SPL games.

Cool. Thanks :ok:

That's a fecking joke!!