Scotland 1-0 France - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland 1-0 France

ScotlandFanMuir

Ahh, remember that game? 'Gary Caldweelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!'

The hairs on the back of my neck were on end just typing that.

Some atmosphere. Apart from the home game against Italy (and possibly Ukraine) - I can't remember experiencing anything like that at a home game for a long long time. That France game was 8 years ago!

I've saw that wee Gordon is asking for an atmosphere to be created on Friday.

I'd like to think we can 'be the 12th man' against Ireland, putting in a similar passionate volume as the France game. Not just creating the party singing for 90 minutes, but jeering every single touch of the ball the Irish have too.

Does it make a difference to professional footballers if they get booed for 90 minutes? Make your own mind up.

Just bring your voices on Friday.

Come on Scotland!

I'm not always sure about how much fans can influence events on the pitch. However, I remember the last 5 minutes of the first half against france. They had had a goal ruled out (maybe 2) and had hit the post. The nerves from the crowd were starting to get tangible and it could have affected the players, but then the west stand started singing doe a deer. And then the north stand joined in. And then the rest of the ground. And it kept going for a good five minutes til halftime. The song always gets lots of stick, but it did a job that day.

I'm not always sure about how much fans can influence events on the pitch. However, I remember the last 5 minutes of the first half against france. They had had a goal ruled out (maybe 2) and had hit the post. The nerves from the crowd were starting to get tangible and it could have affected the players, but then the west stand started singing doe a deer. And then the north stand joined in. And then the rest of the ground. And it kept going for a good five minutes til halftime. The song always gets lots of stick, but it did a job that day.

used to have a link to a video from a French fan at the game. The celebrations near and then after the game were amazing. 15 mins after the final whistle, Hampden was still bouncing. Always love the Quo coming on after a big win in a World Cup qualification game. Jocking all over the world!

Found it! sit back and enjoy, slow start but Wow!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xheim_ecosse-france-ambiance_sport

Edited by giblet

used to have a link to a video from a French fan at the game. The celebrations near and then after the game were amazing. 15 mins after the final whistle, Hampden was still bouncing. Always love the Quo coming on after a big win in a World Cup qualification game. Jocking all over the world!

Found it! sit back and enjoy, slow start but Wow!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xheim_ecosse-france-ambiance_sport

Brilliant. :ok::headbang:

Edited by scottincarlisle

Cheers for the video mate, had forgotten just how good that day was, though much of the game was actually quite painful! Weve all done a lot of moaning about ticket prices, but its hard to put a price on that experience. I certainly know that none of the folk who spent 100 quid today on take that tickets will experience anything like what we all felt that day.

I remember queuing down at Hampden to get tickets as it was my son's 16th birthday around then. I decided to buy him a Scotland top as well and was given the choice of one embroidered, the Kirin Cup Winners or one commemorating the Scotland v France game. Being practical I thought I'd get the Kirin Cup one at least we won that Come full time on the Saturday I wished I'd went the other way!