Are cheapo kilts any good? - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are cheapo kilts any good?

My wool kilt looks tired, but it's still got a few years in it. So, to extend the life of the woollen one, I'm thinking about a cheap polyviscose kilt for Scotland games. Are they any good? Do they look rubbish? Any advice is welcome.

Also got a wool one but just bought one of these for the Euros. Lightweight, looks good but slightly flimsy. Not sure if pockets are sacrilege! But it was more because of limited travel weight for flying.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1702565977/scottish-highland-mens-tartan-utility?click_key=c825734b8cba0a6b124110d8957eb0be73cc4775%3A1702565977&click_sum=48f275e1&ref=shop_home_active_3&frs=1&crt=1

1 hour ago, Komodo said:

Also got a wool one but just bought one of these for the Euros. Lightweight, looks good but slightly flimsy. Not sure if pockets are sacrilege! But it was more because of limited travel weight for flying.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1702565977/scottish-highland-mens-tartan-utility?click_key=c825734b8cba0a6b124110d8957eb0be73cc4775%3A1702565977&click_sum=48f275e1&ref=shop_home_active_3&frs=1&crt=1

I fancy getting one of them but the missus is not impressed.

My wool kilt Ive had for over 30 years has also seen better days so bought this one. Pleasantly surprised with quality for the price. No doubt it will crease a bit upon use but very light so good for travel over a couple of weeks

IMG_9286.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Craigos said:

Did you use their sizing guide?  

Nah I never needed it mate - I just looked at my old one that I’d bought in a shop and went with that and the size was the same. So no need to go up or down a size. Was true to fit.