Show us your fridge - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As a spin off to Bonzo’s highly successful ‘Show Us Your Xmas Tree ‘ thread , I thought it might be interesting to see the contents of everyones fridge ! 

This wee exercise could give a bit of an insight into other Tambers lifestyles and what it says about them. No bugger will probably take part but I need a distraction from politics on here. 

As a start, here is my fridge. As Lloyd Grossman would say, what kinda person would live in a house with a fridge like this ? 

IMG_9832.thumb.jpeg.c473db56c2ed5d24f069dcb5bf23f61a.jpeg

Now, I don’t want anyone tidying their fridge into a nice little order or scraping the mould off cheese and vegetables , just to make it look good. It has to be just as it looks when you open the door. 

Some of you might have done a big weekend shop and your fridge looks like a sumptuous feast   , others might be at the end of a months wage and have 3 hot dogs in an opened jar of brine , and bottle of flat asda limeade. 

Every fridge is welcome in this fridge fantasia. 

Feel free to ask questions about fridge contents as part of the psychological profiling. Just FYI , the items in my freezer covered in tinfoil are not ‘class  A ‘ drugs or bundles of cash , so don’t bother trying to track me down. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

No much salad in that bottom drawer.

That section is used as an overflow for my wine. 
I get Hello Fresh these days and it saves a lot of waste.  This is more than enough green stuff for 2 people.

IMG_9833.thumb.jpeg.58850f9be1a1689c35b179772fa5cfbe.jpeg

So where is your fridge? Bet there is a 4 pack of John Smiths in it. 

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Do you want pictures of both fridges?

Do you have ‘his n her ‘ fridges ? 😁

Herts, I imagine your fridge is very orderly and full of healthy food. Maybe a bottle of pouilly  fume or  malbec. 

Now the only way to  prove me right or wrong is to post a pic ! 

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

My beer fridge is empty 🥴

Bloody 11.30 pm on a Friday night and not a single fridge 😡 This has turned into a fridge-id forum. 
I had fully expected Bonzo to post a pic of his fridge, after a wee Friday night snifter, and for Mrs B to give him a tongue lashing for not cleaning the glass shelf. 

I can only assume everyone is rushing off to Morrisons tomorrow to fill their fridge full of interesting food . I wonder if we have any Waitrose shoppers on here 🤔 

I am away to bed to dream of all the exciting fridges I will wake up to tomorrow 🙋‍♀️

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am away to bed to dream of all the exciting fridges I will wake up to tomorrow 🙋‍♀️

Good morning.....

The bowl is my pizza dough for tomorrow. The paper bags are the weans leftover chippy

bc81ba7a-6d65-4050-becd-460413a03ce5.jpg

Very strange thread, of all things to want to see.

But , hey if it floats your boat, and puts a smile on your face,

Here's the Stocky's families fridge 

A big red SMEG. Filled with food from Lidl 

IMG20240504094947.jpg

2 fridges and a comment! 💃 yeeha ! 

10 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Good morning.....

The bowl is my pizza dough for tomorrow. The paper bags are the weans leftover chippy

bc81ba7a-6d65-4050-becd-460413a03ce5.jpg

You are putting me to shame with your home made pizza Dave. Though I am equally relieved to see you have a somewhat shambolically ( is that a word ?)   organised fridge like me. 
I too have left overs. The Chinese takeaway in plastic tub . Lying there since last Saturday and like all other Chines will never get eaten.
What is that in the white bowl? Is it leftover mash potato? 

44 minutes ago, stocky said:

IMG20240504094947.jpg

Well, that is a very clever. Expensive fridge but with the cost offset by filling it with decent, good value food. It is also a very healthy fridge. A bit too healthy right enough , I think you might be hiding the chocolate biscuits behind the courgettes.

Although its hard to work out what some things are. What is in the pink box ? That has the potential to be screaming of high cholesterol. 

And what are the 2 big round things on the fridge door ? I cant work out if it is onions or gigantic eggs. I have never seen onions stored in a door before so just checking. 

55 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

@TDYER63 is that honey on your top shelf? Should it not be at room temp...😋

Yes it is honey. I had absolutely no idea it should be stored at room temperature 😆 I absolutely hate honey, its only there as you need it for some Hello Fresh recipes , they expect every home to have honey and don’t always provide it. 

26 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Need milk and diluting juice...

20240504_103327-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.7694e122b992e6a5d40777e6447dcb83.jpg

More importantly you need wine ….unless you have a separate wine fridge ! 

That looks a very balanced fridge both in health and arrangement. Unlike Stocky I dont think you are hiding the chocolate biscuits behind all that green stuff. 

But where are the eggs ??? Surely you of all people must have eggs ? 

What is in the silver and green bottle on the top shelf? It looks like a drink I get in my Boots meal deal, its very nice but cant remember the name of it. And what is in the tin foil on the door? I need to know this stuff to work out my psychological profile of each of you. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stocky said:

IMG20240504094947.jpg

About a year ago at work our manager asked us all to send pics of our fridges to her and everyone had to guess whose fridge belonged to who. It was actually a good laugh. A few folk were easy to work out but others were very surprising . 
I think it was probably a cunning way to work out which staff were abusing the drink and drug guidelines 😆

Edited by TDYER63

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes it is honey. I had absolutely no idea it should be stored at room temperature 😆 I absolutely hate honey, its only there as you need it for some Hello Fresh recipes , they expect every home to have honey and don’t always provide it. 

More importantly you need wine ….unless you have a separate wine fridge ! 

That looks a very balanced fridge both in health and arrangement. Unlike Stocky I dont think you are hiding the chocolate biscuits behind all that green stuff. 

But where are the eggs ??? Surely you of all people must have eggs ? 

What is in the silver and green bottle on the top shelf? It looks like a drink I get in my Boots meal deal, its very nice but cant remember the name of it. And what is in the tin foil on the door? I need to know this stuff to work out my psychological profile of each of you. 

For a moment I thought i had found out first Waitrose shopper come lottery winner. As part of your psychological profiling I googled your wine through the pic as i couldn’t work out the name it was too blurry. 
The first thing that came up was this 

IMG_9835.thumb.jpeg.48955fb33899fad0223b3e3c11a1df67.jpeg

308 quid ?????? Then I thought, no one would leave half a bottle of 300 quid wine overnight in the fridge . Thats when I thought, well, maybe Egg is  a lottery winner 🤔

I then came across a much more realistic £9.90 Chateau de Mauvanne .  

I have a very quiet weekend ahead so don’t expect to get rid of me anytime soon. 

Whilst I am working on my profiling of these 3 very brave posters , feel free to post more fridges. This could be free therapy for the board. 

59 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

What is that in the white bowl? Is it leftover mash potato? 

It is indeed. It's the only form of spuds the weans will eat (apart from chips of course)

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I then came across a much more realistic £9.90 Chateau de Mauvanne .  

If you zoom in, that's what's on the label.

I'm really disappointed tbh 😋

7 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

If you zoom in, that's what's on the label.

I'm really disappointed tbh 😋

I tried to zoom in but I am on a phone and my eyesight is awful. Thats when google is great.

I dont know, French wine shows a degree of sophistication, which will form part of my analysis on @StirlingEgg

Just now, TDYER63 said:

I dont know, French wine shows a degree of sophistication, which will form part of my analysis on @StirlingEgg

I know, but we'd have been much more impressed with a 300 quid bottle! 😄

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I know, but we'd have been much more impressed with a 300 quid bottle! 😄

😂😂 we would. Would have been changing her name to FabergeEgg ! 

Two fridge family. We had a kitchen refitted in our old house and rather throw the fridge/freezer out we moved it to the garage. 

When we moved up here we bought another fridge/freezer for the garage. I appreciate not everyone is able to do that but by batch cooking and buying reduced lines I do think that it more than pays for itself and although there's only two of us it's really useful at Christmas etc.

IMG_20240504_123416437.jpg

IMG_20240504_083412689.jpg

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Well, that is a very clever. Expensive fridge but with the cost offset by filling it with decent, good value food. It is also a very healthy fridge. A bit too healthy right enough , I think you might be hiding the chocolate biscuits behind the courgettes.

Although its hard to work out what some things are. What is in the pink box ? That has the potential to be screaming of high cholesterol. 

And what are the 2 big round things on the fridge door ? I cant work out if it is onions or gigantic eggs. I have never seen onions stored in a door before so just checking. 

Pink box is Lidl pulled pork... Great for a wrap , aye high cholesterol.  

Aye, and it is onions on the side.

It's no courgettes, it's mini cucumbers, although easily confused, ideal for school lunches 

All biscuits are in biscuit tin and cupboard, I have 3 teenagers, so we do go through a Guid few biscuits in a week.

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Eggs in a fridge??????

Of course! Where else would you put them?

Not somewhere warm.... they'd hatch 😄