Faro Vs Albuferia - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Faro Vs Albuferia

I stayed in Albuferia last time but the transport to the game was a shambles.

Never again, the stadium is the middle of feckin no where.

Albuferia itself was good, it had a strip of pubs, live entertainment- but staying in Faro this time.

Anyone stayed n Faro before is it any good ? / Lively at night?

I arrive saturday night and fly home Tuesday, matchday Monday.

I stayed in Faro last time for five nights. Nice wee town, which I would happily go back to. Sadly, unable to attend next time.

On the below map, plenty of pubs amongst narrow lanes and most were open late.

Also, if you walk through the medieval gate at the southern end of the park shown below, that will take you in amongst the old walls. There is a waterfront bar and some restaurants in there too.

Only regret... I never got around to visiting the Indian restaurant (Namastey) which is near The Anchor pub.

image.thumb.png.96300b31ce115d97707911a4af0e6fdd.png 

image.png.777513f3f15f4774de48db97471c483f.png

Edited by Rich NATA

P.S. in truth, there are more bars than the first map shows. Just explore the lanes.

P.S. if you are interested in groundhopping, the SC FARENSE stadium (Estadio de Sao Luis) is just a short walk from the marina/park.     Farense did play at the Estadio Algarve (where Scotland are playing) for a few seasons, but soon returned to their traditional ground (under fan pressure I suspect).

9 hours ago, GroundsKeeper said:

I stayed in Albuferia last time but the transport to the game was a shambles.

Never again, the stadium is the middle of feckin no where.

Albuferia itself was good, it had a strip of pubs, live entertainment- but staying in Faro this time.

Anyone stayed n Faro before is it any good ? / Lively at night?

I arrive saturday night and fly home Tuesday, matchday Monday.

We're in FARO a couple of nights, Sun to Tues. Not been before. 

Iv got digs booked in both while waiting on my mates finalising their plans, have an early flight home on the Wednesday morning so leaning to Faro at present. Think you can get the train from Faro to the stadium which should save a fair bit of hassle 

It's a very nice wee place... Apparently, Faro municipality has a population of just 70 thousand and Faro city only 40 forty thousand.

Either way, I was there last time for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it and not once did I experience an early night.

Evenings in the LAB Terrace Sunset Bar... Followed by nights in the many bars in the lanes behind The Anchor.

... and don't forget the SC Farense stadium and the Indian restaurant next to The Anchor.

2 weeks in Germany coming up the same month... flight prices are far too high for a trip to Faro! 

Went hame via Faro after the Spain game, fine wee place, ok for a short stay. 

• 2 weeks later...

Booked Faro mostly due to proximity to the airport as I've booked a 7am flight out the morning after the game (all-nighter incoming). But I also had a feeling that Albufeira just wasn't convenient enough for the stadium so thanks for clarifying that those who have already been.

I also try to avoid where possible spending my entire time in obvious TA drunken cesspits, and try to do a bit more with my time (at least until evening time) - so Albufeira seems like a very clear AVOID for me across the board.

To give you an idea of scale, it will only take you 2 or 3 minutes to walk the length of the marina/park above.

Everything you see on the maps are merely minutes apart.

And to get to the LAB Terrace bar, be sure to walk through the old arch/gate at the southern end of the park.

(IIRC, the bar is not accessible from the waterfront path).

On 2/7/2024 at 2:41 PM, Rich NATA said:

I stayed in Faro last time for five nights. Nice wee town, which I would happily go back to. Sadly, unable to attend next time.

On the below map, plenty of pubs amongst narrow lanes and most were open late.

Also, if you walk through the medieval gate at the southern end of the park shown below, that will take you in amongst the old walls. There is a waterfront bar and some restaurants in there too.

Only regret... I never got around to visiting the Indian restaurant (Namastey) which is near The Anchor pub.

image.thumb.png.96300b31ce115d97707911a4af0e6fdd.png 

image.png.777513f3f15f4774de48db97471c483f.png

Edited by The Bunnet
I am daft.