Ben Doak - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ben Doak

Garyayton

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/24000133.ben-doak-set-surgery-suffering-nightmare-liverpool-injury/

Likely out for 4/5 months. Won’t be at Euros I don’t think. 

Recent interviews suggest the manager doesn’t expect any new caps at the euros and anyone wanting to come in from another country would need to make contact with him. I do wonder if Harvey Barnes will pick up the phone before March. I do think it would need to be those matches for him to be considered for Germany.

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Tommy Conway is a more likely wildcard on current form.

At the moment, I'd have Conway in the squad as third striker, even ahead of Shankland, as I think he's more mobile.

• 2 weeks later...

Conway definitely a good outside bet as playing well.

With Adams scoring for fun and QPR looking like relegation then Dykes may be the forward most at risk of not making it. Clarke however seems pretty loyal to the guys that got us there.

Came on to read this hoping for good news regarding Doak . 
If Dykes is fit then he is in the squad. Aside of anything I liked the guy before his goal and assist against Norway. Never seen Scotland finish a game like that . Sealed Germany. 

46 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Came on to read this hoping for good news regarding Doak . 
If Dykes is fit then he is in the squad. Aside of anything I liked the guy before his goal and assist against Norway. Never seen Scotland finish a game like that . Sealed Germany. 

Totally agree. It’s clear that the support base is desperate for a saviour striker, but getting carried away about guys like Conway when he’s not even featured in Clarke’s plans to date is a bit out there.

Fair enough if Conway or maybe another couple of faces get a sniff in the March squad for Clarke to have a look, but it’ll take a lot break into his plans. 

As for Dykes - I like the big guy and think he doesn’t get enough credit. As Scottish strikers go as well, his goal scoring record isn’t bad.