Nathan Patterson....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪 - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nathan Patterson....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪

Big Ramy 1314

Sean Dyche slapping Nathan Paterson around....

Everton’s training camp in Portugal this week was marred by an altercation between manager Sean Dyche and several of his players.

Mail Sport has learned Dyche shocked his squad by aiming a jocular slap at the head of defender Nathan Patterson, 22, during a meal in the Algarve resort of Quinta do Lago.

Dyche’s intentions were harmless and it was an otherwise good-natured evening, but the 52-year-old appears to have connected with Patterson more forcefully than he intended to, leaving some of his players unimpressed.

Scotland right back Patterson was embarrassed to be the centre of attention, and tempers became sufficiently heated for captain James Tarkowski to step in. He took Dyche to one side to allow any lingering ill-feeling to subside. 

The pair left the table for a while before returning to finish their meals with the rest of the squad. Dyche is understood to have apologised to Patterson.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Sean Dyche slapping Nathan Paterson around....

Everton’s training camp in Portugal this week was marred by an altercation between manager Sean Dyche and several of his players.

Mail Sport has learned Dyche shocked his squad by aiming a jocular slap at the head of defender Nathan Patterson, 22, during a meal in the Algarve resort of Quinta do Lago.

Dyche’s intentions were harmless and it was an otherwise good-natured evening, but the 52-year-old appears to have connected with Patterson more forcefully than he intended to, leaving some of his players unimpressed.

Scotland right back Patterson was embarrassed to be the centre of attention, and tempers became sufficiently heated for captain James Tarkowski to step in. He took Dyche to one side to allow any lingering ill-feeling to subside. 

The pair left the table for a while before returning to finish their meals with the rest of the squad. Dyche is understood to have apologised to Patterson.

Seems a nothing incident that a scum journalist tried to make into something bigger. Best left alone unless we hear elsewhere from a reliable story.

We should be a lot more worried about Nathan's lack of minutes on the pitch 

Yeah bit of a strange incident really and been blown up. Would of just been a banter type thing i'm guessing but yeah still all a bit weird.

On the topic of Patterson, looks like will be our starting RB at the euros the way things are going. I like him going forward and think he is better than Hickey in this department but his positioning and decision making/composure needs a lot of work and he gives me the jitters a bit defensively. Hickey for his age has a great awareness of where players are on the pitch (teammates and opposition) which allows him to be in the right areas when required plus he's both footed so work well in tight spaces.

I thought Dyche would be able to coach Patterson on his defensive game but he's gonna end up ruining his Everton/PL career at this rate! 

25 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Seems a nothing incident that a scum journalist tried to make into something bigger

Probably. Still, it helps me justify my irrational hatred of Dinosaur Dyche

I think Patterson is better defensively than people give him credit for, although far from the finished article. Attacking wise, at wing back I think he offers more than Hickey who I'm a big fan of. I'd like to see them both play in a friendly with Hickey right of a 3.

49 minutes ago, bdgsct said:

I think Patterson is better defensively than people give him credit for, although far from the finished article. Attacking wise, at wing back I think he offers more than Hickey who I'm a big fan of. I'd like to see them both play in a friendly with Hickey right of a 3.

What makes you think that regarding his defensive game out of interest? Maybe i'm being swayed by this myth that he aint good defensively but would like to know your opinion a bit more

10 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

What makes you think that regarding his defensive game out of interest? Maybe i'm being swayed by this myth that he aint good defensively but would like to know your opinion a bit more

I follow Everton and have watched most of the games he has played. Yes, he gets caught out of position sometimes but one on one he is pretty good. Certainly improved from when he was at rangers Importantly he has mostly played in a 4 with Everton. At wingback for Scotland with a defender behind him, it's a much more suitable role for his style of play.

1 hour ago, bdgsct said:

I follow Everton and have watched most of the games he has played. Yes, he gets caught out of position sometimes but one on one he is pretty good. Certainly improved from when he was at rangers Importantly he has mostly played in a 4 with Everton. At wingback for Scotland with a defender behind him, it's a much more suitable role for his style of play.

I’ve watched most of his games for Everton. And I’ve thought that Jack Harrison, who plays in front of Patterson as a right winger ( I think he’s left-footed), causes a number of problems for Patterson. Nathan will pass into Harrison and make a run on the overlap but very rarely receives the ball back. Harrison always tries to take the ball in, control it and then cut inside onto his left foot. And he nearly always losses possession doing this. This leaves Patterson stranded up the pitch. Happens nearly every time Patterson passes to him and makes a forward run. 

9 hours ago, Scot1 said:

I’ve watched most of his games for Everton. And I’ve thought that Jack Harrison, who plays in front of Patterson as a right winger ( I think he’s left-footed), causes a number of problems for Patterson. Nathan will pass into Harrison and make a run on the overlap but very rarely receives the ball back. Harrison always tries to take the ball in, control it and then cut inside onto his left foot. And he nearly always losses possession doing this. This leaves Patterson stranded up the pitch. Happens nearly every time Patterson passes to him and makes a forward run. 

Good point regarding Harrison, hopefully this has had an impact on his performances and he will do just fine with Scotland