Match day gathering - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match day gathering

AlfieMoon

I see that the main fan zone is up at the old Olympic Park but don’t imagine the 10k with match tickets will be heading there. 

Where are folk likely to congregate in the city over the course of the day? I’m sure ever bar, bier Keller and Biergarten will be rammed. What about city squares? Marienplatz?? 

29 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I see that the main fan zone is up at the old Olympic Park but don’t imagine the 10k with match tickets will be heading there. 

Where are folk likely to congregate in the city over the course of the day? I’m sure ever bar, bier Keller and Biergarten will be rammed. What about city squares? Marienplatz?? 

Marienplatz would be the obvious choice but to throw something else in the mix, I'm guessing a lot of TA will arrive on Trains, there's a big square (with fountains) called the Karlsplatz at the Hopbahnhof (main train station) 

As said somehwere here before: I think fan zones will be shite. Expensive bevvies and entrance procedure etc. Also Olympic park is far outside centre of city.

I think best would be to be on Karlsplatz, Neuhauser Str and Marienplatz. Trams from Marienplatz leave to stadium. So this will be the outside place to be. Few pubs and brewery pubs along Neuhauser Str (Augustiner Keller for example).

15 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Marienplatz for us, had a great time there when Aberdeen played Bayern until we went to the stadium & the game started 👍

On 12/11/2023 at 10:05 AM, TA-West Germany said:

As said somehwere here before: I think fan zones will be shite. Expensive bevvies and entrance procedure etc. Also Olympic park is far outside centre of city.

I think best would be to be on Karlsplatz, Neuhauser Str and Marienplatz. Trams from Marienplatz leave to stadium. So this will be the outside place to be. Few pubs and brewery pubs along Neuhauser Str (Augustiner Keller for example).

Hi, is it just trams that go to the stadium or can you get the subway? 

Could need a few hundred trams that night😂

10 hours ago, Redbairn said:

Hi, is it just trams that go to the stadium or can you get the subway? 

Could need a few hundred trams that night😂

It's more subway sorry. It's called U-Bahn. Not a classic tram. As they have regular experience with full capacity stadium at Bayern Munich home games I am pretty certain there will be enough trains going from city centre to stadium. But there is no other choice really than train/U-Bahn

1 hour ago, TA-West Germany said:

It's more subway sorry. It's called U-Bahn. Not a classic tram. As they have regular experience with full capacity stadium at Bayern Munich home games I am pretty certain there will be enough trains going from city centre to stadium. But there is no other choice really than train/U-Bahn

Cheers for that @TA-West Germany 👍

1 hour ago, Shaundy said:

Six months today. Never have I given a wish so far ahead to make it there. 
intending to spend some time in the englische garden 

Really? 🙂   Loved it myself some years ago.   Beer was served at the Chinesischer Turm 👍