TV Coverage of Finals - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TV Coverage of Finals

Ally Bongo

The British Broadcasting Corporation getting it's priorities right

Euro 2024: BBC to show first two England games, ITV to broadcast Germany v Scotland

The BBC is showing our other 2 games. I’m not defending the BBC but not really sure what point you are trying to make. 

I’m sure the BBC would have loved to have shown the opening game but I’m not really sure how the broadcast agreement works. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

The BBC is showing our other 2 games. I’m not defending the BBC but not really sure what point you are trying to make. 

I’m sure the BBC would have loved to have shown the opening game but I’m not really sure how the broadcast agreement works. 

The British Broadcasting Company is who we pay the licence fee to

If England were in the opening game which channel do you think would have it ?

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The British Broadcasting Company is who we pay the licence fee to

If England were in the opening game which channel do you think would have it ?

The BBC can’t just choose which games they want to show. They are sharing the rights with ITV and have to come to an agreement with them. The game is on free to air so there is no issue here. 

29 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The BBC can’t just choose which games they want to show.

Erm - they can sort of

They had a choice

Show the opening game and one of England's group games 

or

Give up the opening game and show two of England's group games

46 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Do you not get ITV where you live or something? 

Who is the "British" state broadcaster that collects licence fees from people living in Scotland ?

BBC or ITV ?

If you can't see it i can't help you

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who is the "British" state broadcaster that collects licence fees from people living in Scotland ?

BBC or ITV ?

If you can't see it i can't help you

I’m not sure it’s me that needs help. 

The BBC is showing 2 Scotland group games and 2 England group games. ITV is showing 1 Scotland group game and 1 England group game. 

I agree that the BBC is heavily biased in favour of England in general but you are seeing a problem here where there isn’t one. 

19 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The British Broadcasting Corporation getting it's priorities right

Euro 2024: BBC to show first two England games, ITV to broadcast Germany v Scotland

Where did you see this? I read that England's first game and 3rd game is on ITV, and two of Scotland's games are on BBC. Not that it matters much. It all comes down to who gets to show England in the semi final. That's all that matters really.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Where did you see this? I read that England's first game and 3rd game is on ITV, and two of Scotland's games are on BBC. Not that it matters much. It all comes down to who gets to show England in the semi final. That's all that matters really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67646135

As both of them are showing the final i assume that if they wanted both channels could show all games at the same time but rather than have a public outcry they agree this between them

1 minute ago, Kemp6103 said:

Brilliant thanks, I might message my Air n B host to confirm the TV will have those channels.

ARD & ZDF is the equivalent of BBC. RTL is a commercial channel, a la ITV / STV. If there‘s a TV in your Air BnB those channels will be available.