Ticket Sales, PHASE 2: Unsuccesful in Ticket Lottery - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales, PHASE 2: Unsuccesful in Ticket Lottery

Craig Fae Hamilton

It appears that the next Phase of Ticket Sales are to those who were un-succesful in the recent Ticket Lottery. This is from the UEFA website:

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/news/0286-19204ea8acb2-b28b3ee07cb0-1000--first-phase-of-euro-2024-ticket-sales-closes-all-you-need-to/

"Those who are unsuccessful in their application in the October 2023 phase will be notified about new ticket availability (resulting from, for example, failed payments of other fans) according to their ranking in the lottery. These tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Furthermore, one million tickets will also go on sale – in close cooperation with the national associations concerned – to supporters of the participating teams following the final tournament draw on 2 December this year.

Tickets will also be held back for sale to supporters of the national teams that qualify through the UEFA EURO 2024 play-offs, scheduled for 21 March and 26 March 2024."

So, Hopefully some of us will be lucky 2nd time round. However, there is no Time-Scales listed for when anybody will be notified of new ticket availability.

So, I'd suggest everybody keeps checking their Inbox and also post on here if ANYBODY gets anything.

GOOD LUCK!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, biffer said:

I wonder if this is per game? I.e. You get first option on games you appiedl for missed out on? Hard to see how there's any ranking except for individual games.

The ranking thing seems like pie in the sky.  Are they going to give every single person in order a ticket offer and sales window for them to buy before the offer moved to the next person on the list? 

It all seems a bit vague to be honest. As such, I've mailed UEFA for clarity and will update you all with anything I get back:

"Hi

Your website states:  “Those who are unsuccessful in their application in the October 2023 phase will be notified about new ticket availability (resulting from, for example, failed payments of other fans) according to their ranking in the lottery. These tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.”

My Question is, what date does UEFA plan to notify those people who were unsuccessful in their application in the October 2023 phase but will have a chance to buy the returned tickets (resulting from, for example, failed payments of other fans)?

There are multiple newspaper articles saying that Ticket Touting Companies have been able to purchase lots of tickets in the Lottery. So, your transparency on my question, by giving an exact proposed date would be appreciated to restore some confidence in the Ticket Sale Process.

Note, this Topic, and my Question to UEFA  is on a Scotland’s Fans Website for Fans to follow the Outcome: https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/18384-ticket-sales-phase-2-unsuccesful-in-ticket-lottery/

Regards

Craig"

I got the following response from UEFA. It stinks to high heaven, the deadline for paying for tickets was on Friday past at 1pm. Even I know that. So why the mystery about when they will contact those who were un-succesful 1st time round (Most of us)?:

Dear Craig,

Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that if the tickets are still available for purchase after the payment deadline, the applicants who were unsuccessful will be contacted by email. Unfortunately, we do not have the information about the deadline at the moment.

For more updates and information regarding the tournament, please check our media release and our FAQs regularly.

UEFA wishes you a good day.

Best regards,
UEFA Ticketing Customer Service

I had some success in the first ballot for (the eventually postponed) EURO 2020. Then, at various points over the following months, I received emails from UEFA with 'personal offers'. These emails invited me to log in to the ticket portal, where tickets for a small number of matches were available for me to buy immediately - up to 4 tickets per match. I was frequently offered the matches in Baku, but I was also given the opportunity to buy tickets for games in other cities, including Glasgow and Dublin. So, if you took part in the first ballot, and even if you were partially successful, I'd say keep an eye on your email inbox in the weeks and months ahead. You may well receive 'personal offers' to order tickets for some of the 'less attractive' matches ... but possibly some of the more attractive matches too!

From previous experience the second round of the ballot basically gurantees all previous applicants to access the portal where all remaining tickets can be viewed/purchased. It doesn’t limit you to games you’d previously applied for.

also from my experience the number of available tickets can fluctuate. I.E. some games show as sold out but later become available. The key is just to be on the ball.

I have experience from last time.

If you applied for ANY match this gives you access to the ticket portal for the remaining tickets. These come up sporadically. If you didn’t apply you’re now locked out. 

This time around I am guaranteed through the SSC but decided to apply for the final only knowing full well I wouldn’t get it but knowing it gives me access for any other matches I may fancy taking in when I’m over there. 

It’s pretty much dog eat dog and first come first served. Keep an eye on emails.

Last time I had all 3 tickets and all three removed due to Covid cull. Bought Czech on twitter from an English guy and got Croatia game through the re sale platform. How I got the England game will go to my grave. 

Fear not some will become available. When the German fans see they have a ticket for Scotland v Luxembourg they’ll want rid for the €200 haha.

Got an email earlier for 4 out of the 6 games i applied for. I’ve not long had my hip replaced and was having a snooze when the email came in. Said from €60 but when I logged in the cheapest were €150. Took tickets for me and my other half for 3 games in Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisPro said:

Got an email earlier for 4 out of the 6 games i applied for. I’ve not long had my hip replaced and was having a snooze when the email came in. Said from €60 but when I logged in the cheapest were €150. Took tickets for me and my other half for 3 games in Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund. 

Brilliant mate!  That’ll cheer you up for your hip recovery. Well done 👍 

I received the email earlier on too. Only one game available to me from the five I initially tried to get. Dortmund on Tuesday 18 June.  Happy with that. 

Tickets on offer were Cat 1 and Cat 2. I bought the Cat 2 ones at 150 Euros each. Hopefully, my wife’ gets an email over the next day or so too. 

18 minutes ago, Barry89 said:

UEFA have opened up a 2nd ballot on the ticket portal now. Deadline is 12th December so you'll be able to apply for Scotland group games since we'll know which games they are tomorrow.

I think the ballot will only apply to national associations who have asked UEFA to run sales this way for their fans. Basically countries that don’t have large supporters clubs like the SSC and England (who are using access codes in coordination with UEFA). I might be wrong, but I don’t think there’s a ballot for us. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I think the ballot will only apply to national associations who have asked UEFA to run sales this way for their fans. Basically countries that don’t have large supporters clubs like the SSC and England (who are using access codes in coordination with UEFA). I might be wrong, but I don’t think there’s a ballot for us. 

You can login right now and apply for any game whatsoever so it's nothing to do with any national associations.

Just now, AlfieMoon said:

IMG_8292.png

"Fans of all teams can also already apply for tickets for all matches until 12th December". So just like I said, nothing to do with any national associations.

For someone who admitted they might be wrong you seem determined to prove me right.