Travel to Berlin - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel to Berlin

Mick T

On 11/17/2023 at 1:09 AM, Mick T said:

Looking to travel to Berlin arrival 15th June 2024 myself and 13 year old son if there are any buses with space leaving Glasgow area would be amazing cheers 💙

Someone mentioned to me in Tbilisi that WESTA may be running buses

Edited by GLOSTA
typo

On 11/23/2023 at 1:15 PM, Toepoke said:

Worth noting that only 3 out of the 36 group games will be in Berlin. And if you're going by road you'll bypass most of the venues to get there.

I hadn’t noticed that. That’s such a small number. 

On 11/16/2023 at 10:09 PM, Mick T said:

Looking to travel to Berlin arrival 15th June 2024 myself and 13 year old son if there are any buses with space leaving Glasgow area would be amazing cheers 💙

Bus will be great crack if you find some running.  

I went on a bus from Glasgow to the games in Prague ‘99 and Dortmund ‘14. Good fun with a good bunch of likeminded folk. 

Alternatively, you could look at Interail passes. I’m currently checking that out for feasibility. Someone on Twitter highlighted its 25% off until 28 Nov. 

On 11/17/2023 at 7:46 AM, YesTA said:

A bus to Berlin, your keen my man. You googled that journey? 1000+ miles and over a full day travel, fair play if you do it.

Lightweight

Ian Sharp's Euroscot ran a double decker to Euro 92 in Sweden and we drove through every country that had qualified, except Russia (CIS) to get there - England, France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark & over to Sweden by ferry with the Bus

We also went to France 98 by coach for 2 weeks - Paris then down to Bordeaux and over to St Etienne then back

The gearbox went on the way from Bordeaux to St Etienne and was stuck in low gear most of the journey on one of the hottest days of the year

We spent some time in a Lyon travel agents trying to get a flight back as we were fucked with the bus by then to no avail

Thems were the days - nae mobile phones or internet but plenty golf ball arse

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Lightweight

Ian Sharp's Euroscot ran a double decker to Euro 92 in Sweden and we drove through every country that had qualified, except Russia (CIS) to get there - England, France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark & over to Sweden by ferry with the Bus

We also went to France 98 by coach for 2 weeks - Paris then down to Bordeaux and over to St Etienne then back

The gearbox went on the way from Bordeaux to St Etienne and was stuck in low gear most of the journey on one of the hottest days of the year

We spent some time in a Lyon travel agents trying to get a flight back as we were fucked with the bus by then to no avail

Thems were the days - nae mobile phones or internet but plenty golf ball arse

I was on one of Ian's busses to France . 4 nights in Paris,7 in Perigueux and 3 in Valence. We were to stay in Valence after the Morocco game but there was a vote and it was decided to just head back home after the game if we lost.

That trip from Perigueux to Valence was similar to yours as air con on bus didn't work.

6 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

I was on one of Ian's busses to France . 4 nights in Paris,7 in Perigueux and 3 in Valence. We were to stay in Valence after the Morocco game but there was a vote and it was decided to just head back home after the game if we lost.

That trip from Perigueux to Valence was similar to yours as air con on bus didn't work.

The coup de grace was that when we got there late at night our "accommodation" was a motel in Chasse sur Rhone which is a commune in between Lyon and St Etienne where fuck all was open not that there was much to open

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The coup de grace was that when we got there late at night our "accommodation" was a motel in Chasse sur Rhone which is a commune in between Lyon and St Etienne where fuck all was open not that there was much to open

We were booked into Premiere Classe Hotels on the outskirts of each place.