The UEFA Ticket Lottery - Page 4 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The UEFA Ticket Lottery

Craig Fae Hamilton

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lyonhibs said:

The tickets are purely app only - there's no official "swap" system, just a resale where unwanted tickets go back on to the open market in the spring when at least you'll know the teams involved.

That is not the case buddy. If you have tickets on your UEFA App you can transfer them to whoever you like. So if you really trust someone you can swap tickets easily. But if it's a Swap between 2 Random People, they need to trust each other to complete a swap.

"Important: if you have tickets on your phone which are in different locations within the stadium, you and your guest will need to enter the stadium through different gates. If you keep the tickets on your phone, you will not be able to use all your tickets. In this situation, you need to transfer to your guest the ticket in a different location by clicking on the TRANSFER button in the app. Once you have sent them their ticket, it will be deleted from your phone."

1 hour ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

That is not the case buddy. If you have tickets on your UEFA App you can transfer them to whoever you like. So if you really trust someone you can swap tickets easily. But if it's a Swap between 2 Random People, they need to trust each other to complete a swap.

"Important: if you have tickets on your phone which are in different locations within the stadium, you and your guest will need to enter the stadium through different gates. If you keep the tickets on your phone, you will not be able to use all your tickets. In this situation, you need to transfer to your guest the ticket in a different location by clicking on the TRANSFER button in the app. Once you have sent them their ticket, it will be deleted from your phone."

Sounds like they are making the touts job much easier. 

1 hour ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Aye of course you can swap tickets yourself, but like you say you'd have to really trust them.  I just meant there's no UEFA "swap shop" structure planned.  Resale hub thing in the spring time and I think before that there's possibly a 2nd chance to buy if the jammy buggers who got them in the lottery don't pay up on time.

2 hours ago, GSS said:

is there going to be another ballot? i thought i read somewhere there is one after the groups are drawn

According to UEFA, the ballot which just happened was for 1.2 million tickets. Any of those tickets that are not paid for in time, will be reallocated to folk who have already applied for the ballot. So, there is no new ballot.

After the draw is made a further 0.96 million tickets will be allocated to the participating teams. Some of those 0.96 million will be held back for the three teams that qualify via the playoffs. 

That 0.96 million seems high to me as that would indicate that each country would be getting about 18% of the tickets,  unless of course each country's association pilfers quite a lot for their own "VIPs" and hingers on. That would be on top of the 20% that have already been pilfered by EUFA for their own "VIPs" and hingers on.

14 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

That'll be about right, I'm sure I read somewhere the associations would get 17% allocations 

Aye, now that I've thought about it a bit more it probably is about right. That would be between 8,000 and 12,000 per  game depending on where we are playing.

Me and my mates put in 18 applications worth £300k and got 4 x Dortmund first Saturday and 8x Munich first Monday tickets. We didnt apply in our own names as are hoping to get Scotland tickets via SSC.

Personally I put in 6 applications worth £150k and got zero!

The whole system is wild, totally set up to drive up demand and pricing, completely invites touts to do similar to what I did (we did it so we can go to games and pay face value prices not for resale). UEFA have sold 44% of the tickets before the draw is made as they want to guarentee the tickets for less attractive games sell. Its soley about money, there are very few cheap tickets. All the tickets we got where £175 each. If Scotland end up playing in another city on the Saturday or Monday we will need to sell ours via Fans First resale route.

Edited by beeky86
typo

6 minutes ago, beeky86 said:

Me and my mates put in 18 applications worth £300k and got 4 x Dortmund first Saturday and 8x Munich first Monday tickets. We didnt apply in our own names as are hoping to get Scotland tickets via SSC.

Personally I put in 6 applications worth £150k and got zero!

The whole system is wild, totally set up to drive up demand and pricing, completely invites touts to do similar to what I did (we did it so we can go to games and pay face value prices not for resale). UEFA have sold 44% of the tickets before the draw is made as they want to guarentee the tickets for less attractive games sell. Its soley about money, there are very few cheap tickets. All the tickets we got where £175 each. If Scotland end up playing in another city on the Saturday or Monday we will need to sell ours via Fans First resale route.

The official resale route will be face value only so no joy for touts there.  Of course, buying in the street or via 3rd party websites is an absolute minefield, but that's been the case for every concert/event since the dawn of time.

1 hour ago, lyonhibs said:

The official resale route will be face value only so no joy for touts there.  Of course, buying in the street or via 3rd party websites is an absolute minefield, but that's been the case for every concert/event since the dawn of time.

Yeah but once the tickets land on your UEFA ticketing app (3-5 days before game) you can transfer them to anyone wiht a UEFA ticketing app. So on the resale sites you sell them and then  the buyer gets them 3-5 days before the game.

I bought tickets on a resale sight for Seville europa league 2 years ago and then managed to get some face value ones. So i resold the expensive ones bought on the resale site. I recieved the resale tickets 3 days befre the game and then forwarded them on. So effectively they went from original buyer to me to someone else.

Was same at last euros I got tickets adn frowarded them to my mates accounts to scan their own ticket on the way in.

47 minutes ago, biffer said:

One of the reasons it's so oversubscribed is people putting multiple applications in.

I agree but UEFA set it up they way they want and its all designed around selling them all and creating a frenzy. Its their doing, I dont think you can blame the fans for asking friends and family to put in applications on their behalf. They dont care about fans a single bit other than their capacity to pay for tickets. Look at the cost of hospitality £1300/£1800 is it any better than Hampden/Ibrox/Celtic Park hospitality which is £400-600? or other SPFL teams whose will be a bit cheaper but also to a very high standard?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 10:29 AM, lyonhibs said:

I managed to get the two Hampden games for Euro 2020 via a 3rd party retail site. Paid silly money for essentially a £30 ticket, but I wasn’t missing our first tournament in 23 years! 
The process itself worked swimmingly. Got my tickets through pretty much instantly into the app. I then transferred one to my old man on his phone. 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

On 11/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, biffer said:

Applied for me ght games, got one. D2 v D3, Dusseldorf 17June. Glad to have got anything at all as it was, obviously, massively oversubscribed. At least I'm going to one game!

Now, draw breath and await the madness of the resale.

I got the same match yesterday! Actually, it's D3 v D4! 

Just had a thought. I am aware the sale phase after the draw is done by the respective national associations and in Scotland’s case by the SSC to its members. However I am assuming other associations will be selling to its general public and online. Could it be possible to get a ticket this way just like we got (home end) tickets for the recent game in Spain? 

14 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Just had a thought. I am aware the sale phase after the draw is done by the respective national associations and in Scotland’s case by the SSC to its members. However I am assuming other associations will be selling to its general public and online. Could it be possible to get a ticket this way just like we got (home end) tickets for the recent game in Spain? 

Good shout. I got our Norway home end tickets by joining their Supporters Club. 

Will be worth once the draw is made seeing if there are any games going while we move onto our next game and joining their club.

J

56 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

After the draw there will still be sold tickets through the UEFA website. Not sure how many and probably difficult to get those.

2 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Resales only?

The UEFA website mentions: "Once the final draw has taken place on 2 December 2023, fans will be able to apply for tickets for any team in the UEFA EURO 2024 Ticket Portal. Supporting a specific national football association? Click on the flags below to see how the sales of the respective national football association works." 

The way I interpret this is that you can:

1) apply for tickets via a national football association

2) apply for tickets for any match you want FCFS

Or is it not like that?

15 hours ago, mccormick said:

I managed to get 2 tickets for the 17th Monday in Frankfurt. 200 euro each .(category 1 ) Buying blind but Hoping it’s Scotland or can swap them maybe . We applied for 8 venues. 

200 euros. Looks like i will have to hope category 4 tickets are available. 😳😳

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 11:20 AM, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

FFS, 3 Scots applied for 4 Tickets each for 9 Days. That is a total of 108 Tickets we applied for, won.......ZERO

M8 in Germany done the same, He applied for 36 Tickets. Won.........FOUR!

Match 26: A2 v A3

Germany's Group, let's Hope Scotland Draw Germany!

Your m8 got a good result! 😉