Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 7 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

LUAS = 'Lousy, Unreliable, something, something'

Or so I was informed anyway.

It's actually brilliant. And didn't take 15 years to build and be a bazillion pounds over budget (i'm looking at you Edinburgh! :D )

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually used it, the first time I was in Dublin (admittedly, a while ago now) - I was told all the locals called it the "Lousy, something, something, something".

As an aside, I've also never used the Embra Tram.

:confused:

Lads, heard a worrying rumour that Dublin pubs shut early , 11 or 12 o'clock on a Saturday night . Surely not true !!

Plenty of late night bars in Dublin City Centre although the price of the pint does go up after midnight...although you'll probably be well on at that stage and won't notice. :cheers3:

What's the price of a pint in Scotland and could you recommend any decent pubs in Edinburgh for Thursday night?

Lads, heard a worrying rumour that Dublin pubs shut early , 11 or 12 o'clock on a Saturday night . Surely not true !!

Who in their right mind told you this!? Pubs are 12.30 on a Saturday night and then clubs can be anything from 3am-5am, don't be worrying about getting a drink in Dublin, it's one thing you can be sure of when you get here!

stephens green its got to be plenty of railings for both sets of fans to hang their flags. and of course a fountain awaiting the fairy treatment :sing: well be comin :many beers, ::few hangovers sounds just about right :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :cheers3:

No problem drinking around here on the streets, only problem is getting cans locally.....there is a tescos about a five minute walk for the beer..... this is probably the nearest,

Just booked an apartment on Frederick Street which is next to Parnell Square. I'm planning on cancelling the other apartment in Temple Bar as there's a £94 difference for our group.

Is the Frederick/Parnell area ok?

Its grand....its not the most scenic area....but ye will be fine therw. Its basically an extension to dublins busiest st (o connell st) ....its near plenty of decent pubs...only a short walk to temple bar and a short cab ride to other good bars and clubs on the other side of the city

Its grand....its not the most scenic area....but ye will be fine therw. Its basically an extension to dublins busiest st (o connell st) ....its near plenty of decent pubs...only a short walk to temple bar and a short cab ride to other good bars and clubs on the other side of the city

Not the most scenic haha you sure know how to make our City sound good! Parnell st is a kip, simple as that, stay away from it for accom

Not the most scenic haha you sure know how to make our City sound good! Parnell st is a kip, simple as that, stay away from it for accom

For a football trip its fine......nth frederick is grand.

All they need is a place to kip. Those areas are grand for that

They are only a short walk from the decent bar and club areas

Ive stayed in a lot worse while travelling with Ireland abroad than those areas and its always done fine

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising