Ticket allocation for scotland supporters - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocation for scotland supporters

hampden_loon2878

5 minutes ago, Barry89 said:

Tickets generally go on sale to supporters of qualified teams before March so those fixtures would be too late for any SSC points gained from them to count towards getting tickets for the Euros.

I would guess there won't even be many rumours of who we'll be playing in March until we know who we've drawn in the Euros if we make it and who is in the playoffs taking place in March.

Exactly my thoughts👍

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Spain tickets down to 12pts, which means you can get a ticket for the glamour tie of the group without ever having attended an away game in your life. 

So much for closed shop. 😜

Missed out because the SFA missed off my point for the Denmark game and said it couldn’t be fixed retrospectively 😔

On 9/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, Easy_1967 said:

Threads like this are to be expected - you can't fault folk who either won't be eligible for tickets, or are worried they might not get them, wishing there was an approach that gives them a better chance of a brief for a major tournament. I imagine a lot of us who will get tickets for the group stage games would be of a similar mindset if we were in the same boat.

For what it's worth, I'll be on 20+ points by the end of the year, having spent a load of time, effort & money over the last 20 years following Scotland home & away. In terms of the last 10 home/away games, that includes zero point games that anyone could have got a ticket for like the meaningless friendly in Austria, as well as going to the likes of Moldova with no official away ticket & therefore no points. I've done all that understanding how the loyalty points system works, and I'll be at all three group stage games in Germany (should we qualify) as a result - and rightfully so.

The only real important point in this discussion is this - the SSC system is set in stone, it's fair, and it won't be changed for the Euros. If you want to be annoyed at something that might hinder your ability to get a ticket, be annoyed at the relatively small number of tickets they give to the qualified teams for each game, not the system that dispenses those tickets in a fair manner.

This is such a good post, mate. Games and situation wise, it could be me, eloquence wise, it could not 👏👏

My first away game was in Riga in 2000 and I was lucky enough to get a ticket through the SSC. My next away game was in Brussels a year later and again I was fortunate enough to get a ticket. Then Reykjavik came next for me and I didn't have enough points so I had to get a home end ticket. At that period in my life I was lucky enough to be able to travel to most away games and soon had 9 points (I missed the far East tour, so didn't quite make the maximum). 

Then young family came along and I dropped out of going to away games for a while but I still went to every home game. Eventually I made my return to travelling away earlier this year in Oslo and I didn't have enough points for a ticket and had to watch it in a pub in Oslo, but I've been fortunate enough to get a ticket for Spain. Those additional 2 points should ensure that I get tickets for Germany and be able to get the majority of away games in the future.

The points system may have changed from when I started travelling but the complaints have remained the same, and I think that they're as unfair now as they were 23 years ago. If you start going to away games you might miss out on some tickets and you may not get the games you really want but it's not that hard to get enough points and to be in a position where you can get away tickets.