LOT / How people getting there - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

LOT / How people getting there

WeeJohnny

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2023 at 12:06 PM, GaryWood34 said:

Just booked 

15th Edin - Antalya 

Antalya - Tbilisi 

17th Tblisi - Yerevan 

Yerevan - Sofia 

Sofia - Edin

£260 Return. 

Add in hotel and ticket be under £350 for trip. 

Heading out the same way with my two lads (15&17). If on time chance to pop down to the coast at Antalya too for a few hours. 
Your return route is pretty brutal. Forked out the extra cash to go through Paris with a single stop on the Friday. 
Expensive short trip but think we will need these points to guarantee Euro tix. Should take us to 12 each with Norway home game to attend too. 
PS we were in Sevilla but in home end. 

1 hour ago, StuP said:

Heading out the same way with my two lads (15&17). If on time chance to pop down to the coast at Antalya too for a few hours. 
Your return route is pretty brutal. Forked out the extra cash to go through Paris with a single stop on the Friday. 
Expensive short trip but think we will need these points to guarantee Euro tix. Should take us to 12 each with Norway home game to attend too. 

Are you on the Georgia Airways flight to Paris? I booked this but have heard some bad things about check in etc

3 hours ago, StuP said:

Yeh I was in Norway but had a home end ticket as well so going to Georgia to get my euro tickets all but guaranteed - needs must.

Yeh home will be hell. Also thinking about taking in some of Antalya too - it’s either that or sit in the airport and drink lager for 6 hours. I’ll see how time is looking. Don’t fancy being in a rush.

13 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Taxi I guess? Rough cost?

There’s the tram that takes about 40 minutes and is only a couple of quid, but aye, there’s 5 of us so we’ll probably end up deciding on a taxi for quickness and splitting it. Googled it and it doesn’t seem an overly expensive way of doing it. 

13 minutes ago, marinello said:

Anybody arriving on the CDG- Tiblisi flight at 22.45 on Tuesday 14 th?

Could split taxi/ bus costs?

Begs the question of course----- what's best form of transport to get into the city centre that late?

Defo, taxi, pre book and ask the company to ensure the driver will stop at an ATM for you to get your LARI.

On 9/2/2023 at 7:33 AM, jailer said:

We've got a 50 seater coach with toilet booked from Kutaisi to Tbilisi on Wednesday at 1030 if anyone looking for seats. Only 20 in our group.

what time is the coach returning? this might save me a few quid vs going to the capital. How much each? traveling alone so prob help with meeting some people too

7 hours ago, Clootie Dumpling said:

No need for a taxi, use the tram right outside the airport door, takes around half hour to get into city, then a short walk to the old town.

Cracking. Thanks.

I’ll take myself for a mixed grill and a pint by the coast. Better than sitting in the airport. 

7 hours ago, Ryuisnod said:

what time is the coach returning? this might save me a few quid vs going to the capital. How much each? traveling alone so prob help with meeting some people too

It's only one way. We're flying home from Tbilisi. £50 from Kutaisi to Tbilisi.

20 of us on a 50 seater, coach has a toilet which has increased the cost of the hire.

On 10/29/2023 at 9:42 PM, marinello said:

I'm on the Tbilisi - CDG flight on Friday 17th ( 12.15).

What bad things have you heard?

I’m on the same return flight as you. Did you manage to get a seat on that Tbilisi to Paris flight? I didn’t get an option to choose one when I booked it through AirFrance even though I was able to book a seat for the other 3 flights.

Flying out on Wed 15th Nov:

EDI (0600) - CDG (0850)

CDG (12:35) - TBS (2025)

Flying back on Fri 17th Nov:

TBS (1215) - CDG (1415)

CDG (2035) - EDI (2125)

1 hour ago, saintinek said:

I managed to book a seat but i booked direct through Georgia Airways as it was much cheaper, had to pay in euros tho

Im doing

15th Nov

EDI (6.30) - CDG (8.25)

CDG (12.35) - TBS (20.25)

17th Nov

TBS (12.15) - CDG (14.15)

CDG (16.40 - EDI (17.30)

Fair dos. I’m sure there will be seats available when I check in for the flight to Paris from Tbilisi on the Friday. Will just book one then.

Edited by DesiScotsman

I've just got flights booked with my son. We're going;

14th Edinburgh - Stansted - Istanbul (SAW) - Tbilisi leaving at 0700 and getting to Tbilisi at 0235

17th Same in reverse leaving at 0725 and getting back to Edinburgh at 1720

First away trip for my son and the first one for about 20 years for me! Can't wait!

Anyone else on that flight that gets in to Tbilisi at 0235?

Edited by The Faithful
wrong date!