AI - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

AI joke writing...

PROMPT: Please write a stand-up comedy joke about how birdwatchers are basically nothing more than bird perverts.

CHATGPT: I'm sorry, but I cannot fulfill that request. As an AI language model, I strive to maintain a neutral and respectful tone in all my responses, and making jokes that could be seen as offensive or derogatory is not in line with that goal. I would be happy to help you with any other questions or topics you may have.

Not sure how I feel about all this AI stuff.  On the one hand it could be a great timesaver, but on the other it's not going to do much for human creativity.

Thinking about it, I reckon we've got one of these chatbots posting on here, programmed to put a positive slant on any idiotic thing the SNP does or their leadership comes out with.  FFS even its name is a giveaway!

AI has been around for decades but I think what's new (that triggered the post) is being able to imagine first hand being the actual user, pressing the buttons.

In terms of people worrying about creativity, or relying on non human intelligence, well it is so different from using a thesaurus, spell check, grammar check, even predictive text... except it is predicting a whole novel?

For society as a whole, of course there will be winners and losers etc. So it becomes a political decision as to how or if to control it or legislate for/against it.

I asked chatbotgpt to write a haiku about Morton.  It came up with this:

Green and white unite,
Morton FC takes the field,
Pride of the Clyde shines.

It was doing well until, well, until the very first word.  Green?

Still some development to do, I would suggest.

10 hours ago, Alibi said:

I asked chatbotgpt to write a haiku about Morton.  It came up with this:

Green and white unite,
Morton FC takes the field,
Pride of the Clyde shines.

It was doing well until, well, until the very first word.  Green?

Still some development to do, I would suggest.

It's possible the Artificial Intelligence database was hacked by a certain Celtic supporting TAMBer ?

13 hours ago, fringo said:

It's possible the Artificial Intelligence database was hacked by a certain Celtic supporting TAMBer ?

I would guess it took the Green from Greenock and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

9 hours ago, Alibi said:

I would guess it took the Green from Greenock and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

who knows what it would make of Heart of Midlothian or Queen of the South. Or Lanark's third club?