Soccer Am - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should have ended when Lovejoy left and surprised it went on so long after he did

I stopped watching it religiously then - which is incredibly 16 years ago !

Never used to miss it late 90s/early 00s.  It did lose it's way when Lovejoy and latterly Chamberlain left however it's still an easy watch to have on in the background when pottering about on a Saturday morning.  I don't watch it religiously now but would miss it if it's not there completely, especially as the Saturday Social show that is tipped to replace it is utter pish.  However John Fendley who presents now posted on Instagram earlier today that nothing has confirmed, talks over next season are ongoing and no one has been made redundant yet so maybe not quite as cut and dried as it was made out.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Never used to miss it late 90s/early 00s.  It did lose it's way when Lovejoy and latterly Chamberlain left however it's still an easy watch to have on in the background when pottering about on a Saturday morning.  I don't watch it religiously now but would miss it if it's not there completely, especially as the Saturday Social show that is tipped to replace it is utter pish.  However John Fendley who presents now posted on Instagram earlier today that nothing has confirmed, talks over next season are ongoing and no one has been made redundant yet so maybe not quite as cut and dried as it was made out.

I assume they stopped the soccerette part years ago 🤣

Remarkably by today's standards the Soccerette segment was only dropped in 2015

That's when civilisation officially started to end

Absolutely loved it back in the day! The 5 minute phone-in, the Luther Blissett Stand, Soccerette, Third Eye, the New Year dance-off, Skillz School…..

When Lovejoy left it went downhill rapidly. Last time I caught a glimpse of it I couldn’t believe how bad it was. 

Cracking show 20/25 years ago though.