Indyref 2 (2) - Page 174 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

If she has some integrity she would resign and trigger a by-election. More broadly I think there are some questions about Alba if they aren't prepared to do that. It's alright sniping at the SNP but at some point they need to rest their popularity with the general public.

She hasn’t, she won’t.  Good riddance. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

Typical SNP response rather than the idea of a Scotland United front

Noticeable that it's the SNP staffers twitter accounts that have attacked her the most

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Typical SNP response rather than the idea of a Scotland United front

Noticeable that it's the SNP staffers twitter accounts that have attacked her the most

She’s so hopeless she can’t even time a defection properly

50 minutes ago, aaid said:

She’s so hopeless she can’t even time a defection properly

Can't have anyone desperate for Independence within the SNP

Joanna Cherry KC

@joannaccherry

Those posting snide comments about Ash Regan defection to Alba should stop & reflect on whether they have played a part in splitting the independence movement. The world & our country face such huge problems I wd like to see reconciliation not more division

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Joanna Cherry KC

@joannaccherry

Those posting snide comments about Ash Regan defection to Alba should stop & reflect on whether they have played a part in splitting the independence movement. The world & our country face such huge problems I wd like to see reconciliation not more division

Verry fair comment and if Cherry came and read this thread she would see the depth of the problem. 

It is evident the divisions in the independence movement is chasmatic - unlike within the unionist side. Too many people with their own agendas put first ahead of independence for it to be a coherent movement. Until that issue is resolved there is no point even thinking about an IndyRef 2.

13 hours ago, aaid said:

Wow

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Verry fair comment and if Cherry came and read this thread she would see the depth of the problem. 

It is evident the divisions in the independence movement is chasmatic - unlike within the unionist side. Too many people with their own agendas put first ahead of independence for it to be a coherent movement. Until that issue is resolved there is no point even thinking about an IndyRef 2.

Agree with this completely. Aaid will be along soon to tell everyone it's the fault of anyone but the SNP

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The problem is across the board and includes SNP and ALBA voters/backers who are at it constantly. More back-stabbing than befell Julius Caesar. That achieves nothing.

People in Alba having a go at the snp fan boys are 100% spot on. The snp have utterly betrayed those who voted for them to achieve independence . That dream died when Nicola and her stooges took over.  The snp will never get close to independence.  And I've voted for them 50 years. 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

the greens saying they would prop up a labour government WTF are the snp doing with them,, 

No they’re not.   Lorna Slater was asked would the Greens be prepared to work with a future Labour Government.  Her response was that they’d speak to anyone they have common ground with but it’s difficult to see what common ground the Greens have with Labour as she doesn’t know what Labour stands for.

13 hours ago, aaid said:

No they’re not.   Lorna Slater was asked would the Greens be prepared to work with a future Labour Government.  Her response was that they’d speak to anyone they have common ground with but it’s difficult to see what common ground the Greens have with Labour as she doesn’t know what Labour stands for.

Well, in fairness, and most importantly, they absolutely do not stand for Scottish independence. The conversation should end there.

53 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well, in fairness, and most importantly, they absolutely do not stand for Scottish independence. The conversation should end there.

Well in fairness, you should watch the full interview and get the complete context.  Read past the headline. 

It was on the Sunday Show, it’ll be on iPlayer. 

Also, let’s be honest here, the only party who has an idealogical stance towards independence, that means they exclude working with any other party that doesn’t hold the same view as they do either in coalition or on setting a budget is the Labour Party who have consistently refused to do so since 2007. 

Even the Tories were prepared to work with Alex Salmond between 2007 and 2011. That’s not a criticism of either side, it’s actually grown up politics.  

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Well in fairness, you should watch the full interview and get the complete context.  Read past the headline. 

It was on the Sunday Show, it’ll be on iPlayer. 

Also, let’s be honest here, the only party who has an idealogical stance towards independence, that means they exclude working with any other party that doesn’t hold the same view as they do either in coalition or on setting a budget is the Labour Party who have consistently refused to do so since 2007. 

Even the Tories were prepared to work with Alex Salmond between 2007 and 2011. That’s not a criticism of either side, it’s actually grown up politics.  

the greens are a disaster for the SNP even you must see that, why are you sticking up for them

1 hour ago, aaid said:

You’re hardly impartial, you’ve a massive vested interest in O&G. 

say to me tomorrow, independence or your job,, i would take independence every day of the week,, outwith the health and well being of my family theres nothing i want more than scottish independence, i see you have deflected my question though

I had a look at Humza's twitter today, the level of abuse he gets right now is absolutely shocking. Especially on the Gaza/Israel issue. 

The guy has family there and has been as neutral as he possibly can  be yet he is still getting dogs abuse. I thought puss book was bad but Twitter is filled with a different level of arsehole

33 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

ultimatum time for humza, ditch the bute house agreement or lose up to 8 msps 

Can't see anything on the Unionist media about that

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I had a look at Humza's twitter today, the level of abuse he gets right now is absolutely shocking. Especially on the Gaza/Israel issue. 

The guy has family there and has been as neutral as he possibly can  be yet he is still getting dogs abuse. I thought puss book was bad but Twitter is filled with a different level of arsehole

Agree, he's gone up in my estimations.  Wouldn't have judged him from chucking it.  He's having to deal with horrendous personal issues whilst taking personal abuse from everyone from Elon Musk to twitter trolls.  A huge part of my support for scottish independence is that I want our people collectively to be better, almost breaks that solidarity when you see fellow scots mindlessly abusing their own.  I think politicians take an awful lot of abuse and we should consider that a bit more.  A lot of them are only trying their best.  I wouldnt dream of abusing even Tory politicians, as vigorously opposed to them as i am!  

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

say to me tomorrow, independence or your job,, i would take independence every day of the week,, outwith the health and well being of my family theres nothing i want more than scottish independence, i see you have deflected my question though

I haven’t deflected at all, your views on the Greens are entirely predicated on your vested interests in O&G.

You asked why I can’t see that, it’s because I’m not vested in O&G.  I’m also not a homophobic or transphobic bigot like a lot of people who criticise the Greens are. I also don’t make up stories either. 

31 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

No you wouldn’t and look at this.. who needs the unionists to decide and conquer when you have the greens,,, greens are creeping up my list I dislike the most after thatcher and sturgeon 

IMG_4154.jpeg

Why would that be a bad thing if the public of Shetland wanted it?

Were sturgeon and pals genuinely so influenced by the greens or were the views on O&G and gender identity the views of the snp?

What I'm getting at is I don't think these views will change if the snp split with the greens. Isn't the issue that there are people within the SNP who see certain issues as more important than independence?