Diyarbakir - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Diyarbakir

farfar loon

Was speaking to a couple of Kurdish boys in the boozer last night they were pissing themselves when I told them I’d just be taking my kilt and a pair of shorts. Fucking freezing was their prediction, gonna pack my tights now. 
Anyhoo Edinburgh to Istanbul Monday, Istanbul to Diyarbakir Tuesday then back to Istanbul Thursday and home to Edinburgh Friday 

Edited by dan cake

4 hours ago, dan cake said:

Was speaking to a couple of Kurdish boys in the boozer last night they were pissing themselves when I told them I’d just be taking my kilt and a pair of shorts. Fucking freezing was their prediction, gonna pack my tights now. 
Anyhoo Edinburgh to Istanbul Monday, Istanbul to Diyarbakir Tuesday then back to Istanbul Thursday and home to Edinburgh Friday 

Man the fuck up.

It was snowing in Nova Sad.

I arrive on the Sunday morning and "working from home" on the Monday. Hope the hotel Wi-Fi is good.

Gives me a couple of days to scope out the local nightlife patter and attempt to soak up a bit of culture/history before most everyone else gets there.

I imagine it to be generally more conservative than your standard Turkish holiday destination, but there seems to be half a dozen bars in the new part of town at least

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I arrive on the Sunday morning and "working from home" on the Monday. Hope the hotel Wi-Fi is good.

Gives me a couple of days to scope out the local nightlife patter and attempt to soak up a bit of culture/history before most everyone else gets there.

I imagine it to be generally more conservative than your standard Turkish holiday destination, but there seems to be half a dozen bars in the new part of town at least

The cool cats will be doing the Shisha thing 😜 

Edi-Antalya Mon

Ant-Diy Wed

Diy-Ist Thu

Ist-Edin Friday

Staying in Antalya town rather than the resorts. Prefer to see a bit of local history when am drinking lol.

Planning on cutting about in Shorts and t-shire during the day. Probably move to a hoody at night.

How many does everybody think will travel. I don't think there will be more than about 400 or so, which to be fair would be pretty good for a midweek friendly a good distance away.Hope all those going have a great time. Sometimes the matches where the support isn't as big turn out to be really good trips. Certainly the Austria trip when we won with Dykes penalty was great, and because it was at the height of covid and we didn't get any tickets there were maybe onlly abou 50 Scotland fans there(and that included a group of Italian guys from Genoa who follow Scotland) Good times. Hope you have a ball. 😁

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Yup, Prague is the coldest Iv ever been at a football match (Levein’s 4-6-0 game)

Well, trainers with the kilt... You got what you deserved, fella ☺️

The weather in Vienna earlier this year was all over the place; balmy T-shirt weather on one afternoon, but I went and saw Austria Vienna v Klagenfurt the weekend after the Scotland match. F*ck that was bitter cold. I very nearly walked away. 

7 hours ago, dan cake said:

hi tops but i knew what you were hoping for, and I’m not ever a weegie 

A man of good taste, I miss my hi tops, may ask santa for a new pair. Was all i wore for about 5 years

22 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Get on the Converse website and design your own pair 👍

Haha, never been a fan of Converse, too tight on my feet. Adidas Hi tops usually. 
Actually got banned from FB for 30 days for saying it was nice to see Jeffrey Dahmer had the same taste in footwear as me,  🤣

On 11/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, Rents said:

Edi-Antalya Mon

Ant-Diy Wed

Diy-Ist Thu

Ist-Edin Friday

Staying in Antalya town rather than the resorts. Prefer to see a bit of local history when am drinking lol.

Planning on cutting about in Shorts and t-shire during the day. Probably move to a hoody at night.

Where are you staying in Antalya?