Travelling to Denmark or Austria - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travelling to Denmark or Austria

thesaint

10 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

I see Denmark has now been put on our green list...

as is Lichtenstein amongst others.

Too bloody late.Wouldn't be able to get tickets for the game anyway,but would be able to get tickets for the Austria game.Much bigger stadium,and won't be a sell out.Uefa and fifa aren't allowing tickets for away fans,but absolutely no reason why you couldn't travel to Austria and buy a ticket there.Absolutely nothing they can do about that.If you are willing to take a pcr test in Austria,and another within 2 days of returning to Scotland.Still thinking about going,and must admit it's about 60-40 in favour of going at the moment.I will lose about £200 on flights if i don't go,and so for the sake of spending another £120 or so on pcr tests,i would get a trip .

On 8/18/2021 at 6:07 AM, bonzo said:

Just for arguments sake, say your PCR test in Vienna is positive ?

Two weeks in quarantine for you my friend.

Good luck finding a hotel to quarantine in.

You have basically described why I chinned off Denmark. (That and no official away fans).

J

35 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

You have basically described why I chinned off Denmark. (That and no official away fans).

J

I know the answer 👍, I'll be nowhere near it, my question was directed to the saint.

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

J

Why would you think i would have a positive pcr test.Surely the odds are by quite a big margin in favour of the test being negative.What about all the people who have spent one or two weeks in holiday resorts in the last few months?Don't hear many stories of them having to self isolate.I know of quite a few folk who have been away and back with no problems.I'm sure the news would have been full of stories of people who have been to holiday resorts having to self isolate.Sure there will have been a percentage,but if it had been happening to thousands,i think the papers etc would have been all over it.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:10 PM, thesaint said:

Why would you think i would have a positive pcr test.Surely the odds are by quite a big margin in favour of the test being negative.What about all the people who have spent one or two weeks in holiday resorts in the last few months?Don't hear many stories of them having to self isolate.I know of quite a few folk who have been away and back with no problems.I'm sure the news would have been full of stories of people who have been to holiday resorts having to self isolate.Sure there will have been a percentage,but if it had been happening to thousands,i think the papers etc would have been all over it.

I’m not saying it will happen, the question was what would happen if you did catch COVID abroad.

Maybe I’m just a wuss, but the minute tickets were taken away (after buying a pair) I was oot.

J

On 8/27/2021 at 7:07 PM, Bristolhibby said:

J

He who dares wins.Went to the game and loved it.No problems.Was in the Austria flag waving support behind the goal,but they were fine with me in the Scotland shirt.Even when i stood up and belted out flower of  Scotland.Met a few other Scotland fans,some from Scotland and others living in europe. Also met a couple of boys from Genoa who follow Scotland and Celtic big time.All in,it was a great trip made even sweeter by us putting in a great performance and winning.Sweet.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

He who dares wins.Went to the game and loved it.No problems.Was in the Austria flag waving support behind the goal,but they were fine with me in the Scotland shirt.Even when i stood up and belted out flower of  Scotland.Met a few other Scotland fans,some from Scotland and others living in europe. Also met a couple of boys from Genoa who follow Scotland and Celtic big time.All in,it was a great trip made even sweeter by us putting in a great performance and winning.Sweet.

Well done!!

Pleased it all worked out for you in the end.

48 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Well done!!

Pleased it all worked out for you in the end.

Thanks.Had about 8 trips cancelled in the last 18 months.Decided that since both countries are green listed,it was the one to go for.I couldn't stand another trip cancelled.Glad i did,it was a great trip and result.

4 hours ago, thesaint said:

Fair play. I had Denmark booked, and was going up to Glasgow for the Moldova game. No way I could have swung it to go to all three.

J

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Fair play. I had Denmark booked, and was going up to Glasgow for the Moldova game. No way I could have swung it to go to all three.

J

I know only too well what a juggling act it is to try and go to away matches.Nightmare.Just thought this is my best chance,so go for it.Luckily,it all came together perfect,including the result.