€179 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

€179

GaryWood34

Ushered in with a a few pushes.

Scowled at for my mask being below my nose in error.

No kiosk open - despite being trusted to be able to be queuing at the cinema for a Coca Cola in recent weeks.

3 warm waters in a cup that gave up.

Just wondering if folk feel they were treated fairly being a big bad mad football fan?  

Granted I’m in a huff due to the result. 

Edited by GaryWood34

I actually felt it was a lot less draconian than I was expecting. Easy to get in and  you really could have sat anywhere.  No one had a mask on unless moving about. Poor guy on the tannoy reminding  everyone to wear their masks had a pretty thankless task 🙂

But it certainly wasn’t Eur 179 worth. Pissed me off a bit when the attendance number came out at just over 9k. I thought there were around 12k tix available? Did they only sell 9k or were there 3,000 no shows ? 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I actually felt it was a lot less draconian than I was expecting. Easy to get in and  you really could have sat anywhere.  No one had a mask on unless moving about. Poor guy on the tannoy reminding  everyone to wear their masks had a pretty thankless task 🙂

But it certainly wasn’t Eur 179 worth. Pissed me off a bit when the attendance number came out at just over 9k. I thought there were around 12k tix available? Did they only sell 9k or were there 3,000 no shows ? 

I saw a few folk around us being challenged about where they were sitting, but nobody actually moved.

I can only assume the discrepancy between the numbers is due to the amount of workers in the stadium, who could possibly have been included within the overall allowed attendance.

The one thing I think we have learned from this pandemic is that professional football as entertainment is fucking pish without the fans generating an atmosphere at the games. It is borderline unwatchable in comparison.

It has also highlighted just how incredibly boring many 'top flight' games are. 

This in turn has demonstrated something that I did not fully realize before. The fans are are massively underpaid for what they contribute and the players are massively overpaid for what they contribute to the match day product. 

We have had the arse bored off us for months by droning Sky and BBC pricks telling us how brilliant it is seeing the fans back and how it makes all the difference etc etc...

179 euros a ticket is the response from the professional footballing world to the fans. 

Anyone paying that money to watch this shite is off their head IMHO. I can afford it but I'd rather give it to charity than these dogs.

Being told to arrive hours in advance with nothing open and not allowed to bring anything in... oh man are you's mad. They should be told to go fuck themselves.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

The one thing I think we have learned from this pandemic is that professional football as entertainment is fucking pish without the fans generating an atmosphere at the games. It is borderline unwatchable in comparison.

This in turn has demonstrated something that I did not fully realize before. The fans are are massively underpaid for what they contribute and the players are massively overpaid for what they contribute to the match day product. 

We have had the arse bored off us for months by droning Sky and BBC pricks telling us how brilliant it is seeing the fans back and how it makes all the difference etc etc...

179 euros a ticket is the response from the professional footballing world to the fans. 

Anyone paying that money to watch this shite is off their head IMHO. I can afford it but I'd rather give it to charity than these dogs.

Being told to arrive hours in advance with nothing open and not allowed to bring anything in... oh man are you's mad. They should be told to go fuck themselves.

If it wasn’t Scotland at a major tournament (literally ANYTHING else) and I’d have agreed with you. 

I think a lot of people have only been able to get 1/3 matches too and have needed to seize the chance that way.

Id have paid silly amounts for the 3 tickets I have which is probably more fool me. Face value for 3 matches I am under £280 so I don’t see that as too bad.

Factor in we will likely never see another major tournament match at Hampden with Scotland in it and you have the reasons why people have done it.

You are spot on though.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Agree with that. There is no chance I would attend a match under those conditions, regardless less of price. It is completely alien to my usual match day. Fuck that. 

Edited by Jim Beem

A lot of people (me included) will have paid out for tickets with little scope for a refund by the time we found out what the situation in the stadium was going to be.

Would have found it difficult to turn down a ticket to see Scotland in a major tournament though, may not happen again 🤣

Its all about what a person chooses to do with their money. I wouldnt pay over £100 for a handbag , to me thats a waste of money. But to someone else is worth it.

I paid Eur 179 as they were  the only tickets left, this was the first time in 23 years I got to see Scotland in a major tournament  , and along with other factors like not spending money going on holiday,  and Glasgow hosting the games and not another European city,  made it affordable. 

UEFA know people will pay it , in all walks of life people pay over the odds for something that is important to them. Thats not to say I dont think they are a shower of greedy bassas.