Denmark withdrawing from world cup - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark withdrawing from world cup

thesaint

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure, I get your point but I think it's a step too far having a world Cup in a country whose human rights are so poor and having built stadiums particulary for the world Cup using slave labour of which the death toll has been off the charts. 

Say what you want about the USA or even Russia but I don't think they use slaves or slave labour and they generally have a society where civil liberties are protected. Not sure about China so I won't comment on them. 

China has a poor human right record and the yanks invade and bombs arabs in the name of freedom but then make fortunes from middlea east oil. 

Qatar may be a different type of cunt but the yanks, ruskies, and chinese are cunts too.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Surely your not trying to compare thousands of ppl dying and being treated as slave labour in appalling conditions to prisoners in America being made to work. If you don't want to be forced to work in prison then don't commit crime.

The slaves in Qatar have done nothing wrong and are being treated badly for no reason other than greed of Qatar oil barons and the apathy of ppl like me and you who will lap up this world Cup without a care for the misery its taken to host it. 

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

China has a poor human right record and the yanks invade and bombs arabs in the name of freedom but then make fortunes from middlea east oil. 

Qatar may be a different type of cunt but the yanks, ruskies, and chinese are cunts too.

As I said its hard to know where to draw the line but we will watch the world Cup in Qatar knowing that slaves literally died and suffered for our enjoyment. Not sure I am comfortable knowing that and actively participating in it. 

On 12/13/2020 at 8:49 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Tbh I wouldn't be against Scotland boycotting this world Cup. Its a disgrace the treatment of the slaves/workers that have died just so Qatar can have a world Cup in the desert in winter. Would be good if all the European countries came together and withdrew. 

It's the modern day version of Irish navvies

Some of these countries thinking is a long way behind ours

37 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

From 1492 and 1900 an estimated 12 million Native Americans were slaughtered. Women, men and children. And their land was taken from them.

And yet people are outraged with the Israel and Palestine thing. 

The vast majority died from smallpox

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

The vast majority died from smallpox

No.

The "gift of a blanket infected with smallpox" is the only documented example of biological warfare being used between colonials and the indigenous people of America There's no proof that it even worked.

What did work, however, was the mass slaughter of an indigenous people.

Edited by Taylor1996

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

As I said its hard to know where to draw the line but we will watch the world Cup in Qatar knowing that slaves literally died and suffered for our enjoyment. Not sure I am comfortable knowing that and actively participating in it. 

Ita not hard to know where to draw the line. Its actually quite easy if your not picking and choosing what to be outraged at.