Scotland Social League - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Social League

Flure

Okay. I've not read it. But I've seen some critical posts appearing on Twitter about it.

Can someone explain in words of one syllable or less what it's about?

Register your social media profiles, tweet, FB or Instagram about the Scotland team & gain points.

(While inadvertently giving the SFA/SSC access to all your social media dealings - ie posting from Glasgow when you've bought a ticket for Georgia away :wink2:)

Basically links your twitter, facebook and instagram accounts, and you get points every time you mention SFA related stuff (ie national team and Scottish Cup) which can be traded in to enter for "prizes" (ie hospitality at the Ireland game, a free trip to Euro 2016 etc....).

Type of thing folk will sign up for and forget about/get fed up with after a couple of weeks

Deary fukkin me. The SFA are obsessed with social media. Possibly even more so than football. Thank fuq I don't do social media.

Yep it's all about promoting themselves and nowt to do with the football or the fans. Must be money in it for them otherwise they wouldn't be giving a toss. They are so far out of touch it is actually possible they really believe this is what football fans want. We don't. We want to go and support our country and be able to afford a fair ticket price.

Yep it's all about promoting themselves and nowt to do with the football or the fans. Must be money in it for them otherwise they wouldn't be giving a toss. They are so far out of touch it is actually possible they really believe this is what football fans want. We don't. We want to go and support our country and be able to afford a fair ticket price.

The more followers they have on Twitter etc. the higher the top dollar they can charge potential sponsors.

It would be nice if money generated from that could be used to keep the price of a match ticket down, but the SFA Marketing Team are far more likely to send themselves on more social media training courses so they can keep dreaming up self fulfilling schemes like this one.