Bring back Scott Brown - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bring back Scott Brown

Dandydon

11 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ryan Jack is the first name on the Rangers team sheet and is close to the level that Scott Brown was. Hard as nails, plenty of ability and a natural leader.

Sorry but that's just absolute nonsense. 

Hard as nails 😂😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Put it this way, we were powder puff against Russia and Jack snapping into tackles and having some composure would have been very welcome. 

Jack is the hardest man on the pitch against lower opposition. He would have shat it against that russian midfield

17 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s been Rangers best player in Europe this year by a mile, but I detect some taint in your replies. 

And there it is, his club has fuck all to do with my replies. You go on thinking hes anything close to being as good as brown or some sort of hard man. You couldn't be mor wrong if you tried.

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

And there it is, his club has fuck all to do with my replies. You go on thinking hes anything close to being as good as brown or some sort of hard man. You couldn't be mor wrong if you tried.

Jack certainly isn’t a hard man but he could do a job for Scotland. He has a bit of composure and is better at winning the ball than anyone who played in our midfield on Thursday. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Jack certainly isn’t a hard man but he could do a job for Scotland. He has a bit of composure and is better at winning the ball than anyone who played in our midfield on Thursday. 

The rest of our midfield show plenty of composure at their clubs but for scotland it's a different story. 

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A hard man is different from being hard. What i mean is he is durable and not a shrinking violet, not that he’s going to do his opponents. You do dislike him though, that much is clear. 

19 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

A hard man is different from being hard. What i mean is he is durable and not a shrinking violet, not that he’s going to do his opponents. You do dislike him though, that much is clear. 

Nope, wrong again. Your clutching at straws by trying to convince yourself and others i dislike him. I disliked brown when he played for celtic and acted like a ned but when he did it for scotland I loved him, its what we as football fans do, we are the most fickle of the fickle. 

If jack became our best and most competitive midfielder I would give a shot if he drank from that stupid cup and sang the sash as long as he gave everything for scotland.

You've gone from being as hard as scott brown to being durable. Admitted you go tit wrong would have been easier

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The rest of our midfield show plenty of composure at their clubs but for scotland it's a different story. 

True story. 

Jack hasn’t really had a chance for Scotland yet. In midfield anyway so we’ll see what he does when he does get a chance. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Nope, wrong again. Your clutching at straws by trying to convince yourself and others i dislike him. I disliked brown when he played for celtic and acted like a ned but when he did it for scotland I loved him, its what we as football fans do, we are the most fickle of the fickle. 

If jack became our best and most competitive midfielder I would give a shot if he drank from that stupid cup and sang the sash as long as he gave everything for scotland.

You've gone from being as hard as scott brown to being durable. Admitted you go tit wrong would have been easier

I am prepared to believe you. You are wrong if you think i was implying he was some kind of hammer thrower. He will stand up in the heat of battle, won’t be cowed by opponents, will go in hard  and can play. I don’t see that in McGregor who disappears. The reference to Brown was as a player. The skin head look doesn’t make him hard, but he is a good player.