common goal - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

common goal

Brian Hanley

Just read an article on Jurgen Klopp there in The Players Tribune.

He noted at the end that he has joined the Common Goal movement, where players and managers donate 1% of their wage to the less fortunate.  I know than Juan Mata was one of the first high profile contributors.  When looking at the Common Goal website, 2 things struck me;

1. Of the 4 scottish players contributing, 3 are female.

2. Who is Robbie Crawford, playing for IFK Mariehamn?

7 minutes ago, Brian Hanley said:

Just read an article on Jurgen Klopp there in The Players Tribune.

He noted at the end that he has joined the Common Goal movement, where players and managers donate 1% of their wage to the less fortunate.  I know than Juan Mata was one of the first high profile contributors.  When looking at the Common Goal website, 2 things struck me;

1. Of the 4 scottish players contributing, 3 are female.

2. Who is Robbie Crawford, playing for IFK Mariehamn?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Crawford_(footballer,_born_1993)

Most Scottish players are too thick and/or self centred to bother their arses about such worthy causes unfortunately.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Crawford_(footballer,_born_1993)

Most Scottish players are too thick and/or self centred to bother their arses about such worthy causes unfortunately.

Looking at the site it would appear that a higher percent of Scottish players have joined than any other country in the world.

I think we can change that to most football players are too thick or self centred 

Interesting that so many women players have joined perhaps it better promoted there or perhaps because gender equality is included as a core mission.

Not sure how long it has been going but a crazy amount of potential if it takes off.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Looking at the site it would appear that a higher percent of Scottish players have joined than any other country in the world.

You need to get yersel a better pair of specs.

Check how many US, Canadian, Danish, German and English players have signed up for it. They greatly outnumber the four Scots who did.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

What a ridiculous statement.

Oh, so our Scottish players are mostly intelligent, articulate young men then :lol:

Pish.

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Check how many US, Canadian, Danish, German and English players have signed up for it. They greatly outnumber the four Scots who did.

Oh, so our Scottish players are mostly intelligent, articulate young men then :lol:

Pish.

I said a higher percentage, 4 is a bigger percent of Scottish footballers than 6 is of English.

Have to be honest and say I didn't check all the countries in the world just some of the bigger ones.Could ask Chripper to do it, he still has 4 days to go.

Looks like our supporters are pretty intelligent, and articulate but on a whole shite at maths😉

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

I said a higher percentage, 4 is a bigger percent of Scottish footballers than 6 is of English.

Have to be honest and say I didn't check all the countries in the world just some of the bigger ones.Could ask Chripper to do it, he still has 4 days to go.

Looks like our supporters are pretty intelligent, and articulate but on a whole shite at maths😉

What does that whoscored.com rubbish that you are always wanking off to say about all this then ?

53 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Pish.

Not necessarily but neither are English, Brazilian or Guatemalan footballers. 

You’ve obviously got an inferiority complex.