Tonsil Stones - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just wondering if anyone else gets these "tonsil stones", little yellowish white (what I think are) calcium deposits which start out in the tonsils before being dislodged and dropping to your tongue, smelly horrible things they are as well.

What's the best thing to do, they aren't causing my pain, just a bit annoying, and they can't be doing my breath any favours - should I away to see a doctor and try getting a tonsillectomy or something?

They're usually a result of a tonsil infection, probably when you were younger. The tonsils got all swollen and f#cked up (I'm not a Dr) at some point leaving craters for shite to get caught up in and rot. Even if the craters are tiny they can still gather crap, a bit like the belly button gathers fluff. Not much you can do except get your tonsils (and maybe the adenoids too) removed but a lot of people keep it under control by cleaning their tonsils regularly. Not all doctors want to put you through surgery for that.

Google "tonsiloliths" and you'll get a lot of info. It's one of those quite common problems that nobody ever talks about.

On a similar theme, does anyone else suffer from a periodic swollen uvula?

Mines happens about once a year the morning after a heavy drinking session.

Having tentatively googled Uvula, yes, I always put it down to snoring and a dry mouth/throat. Usually died down by lunchtime, but quite weird!

Just wondering if anyone else gets these "tonsil stones", little yellowish white (what I think are) calcium deposits which start out in the tonsils before being dislodged and dropping to your tongue, smelly horrible things they are as well.

What's the best thing to do, they aren't causing my pain, just a bit annoying, and they can't be doing my breath any favours - should I away to see a doctor and try getting a tonsillectomy or something?

I had a quinsy when I was 20 - not fun when that burst

Ask the TAMB for medical advice... be as well asking folk to vote for yer bird in a beauty contest..

Now that was a thread, it had everything, possibly my favourite of all time. TAMBers using other tambers id's on the magazine website, threats of fisticuffs, and a doris posing with a mulberry bag if i remember rightly