Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs

5 minutes ago, Kimba said:

No it means you don't understand that no-one can earn their salvation and you don't understand the MYSTERY given to the apostle Paul.

Where did I say anything about 'earning salvation'? I understand your narrow, blinkered interpretation of Paul's letters, I just don't accept it for many reasons, not least of which is Paul's clear statement that there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek when it comes to salvation. There's nothing mysterious about it.

You do know that the point of a MYSTERY is that it cannot be understood?

Edited by DonnyTJS

Just now, DonnyTJS said:

Where did I say anything about 'earning salvation'? I understand your narrow, blinkered interpretation of Paul's letters, I just don't accept it many reasons, not least of which is Paul's clear statement that there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek when it comes to salvation. There's nothing mysterious about it.

You do know that the point of a MYSTERY is that it cannot be understood?

That's the whole point.  It wasn't revealed until THE LORD JESUS CHRIST - GOD - GAVE IT TO PAUL.   

1 minute ago, Kimba said:

That's the whole point.  It wasn't revealed until THE LORD JESUS CHRIST - GOD - GAVE IT TO PAUL.   

So it's not a 'mystery', so why do you keep calling it the 'mystery dispensation'? Try and make words mean something.

Just out of mild curiosity, what is your mob's explanation for Christ not revealing all this ("Hey gentiles, ignore all that stuff I said before the buggers crucified me - it wasn't about you") after the resurrection? He'd paid for our sins by then. 

3 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

So it's not a 'mystery', so why do you keep calling it the 'mystery dispensation'? Try and make words mean something.

Just out of mild curiosity, what is your mob's explanation for Christ not revealing all this ("Hey gentiles, ignore all that stuff I said before the buggers crucified me - it wasn't about you") after the resurrection? He'd paid for our sins by then. 

Romans 16:

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Romans 16:

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Sooo … it's no longer a mystery, so why keep calling it a mystery? Weird.

Anyway, the latest unanswered questions:

a) Where did I say salvation had to be earned?

b) Why the delay in the revelation of the mystery? The risen Christ had paid for our sins, had he not? Why not reveal it on the road to Emmaus instead of Damascus?

1 minute ago, DonnyTJS said:

Sooo … it's no longer a mystery, so why keep calling it a mystery? Weird.

Anyway, the latest unanswered questions:

a) Where did I say salvation had to be earned?

b) Why the delay in the revelation of the mystery? The risen Christ had paid for our sins, had he not? Why not reveal it on the road to Emmaus instead of Damascus?

Yep, now revealed to Paul.  He's our apostle.  

6 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Read Acts.  Israel was diminishing from the stoning of Stephen.  The problem is people believe there is only one gospel.  If you are truthful and a truth seeker you will see from God's Word there is more than one gospel. 

2 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Yep, now revealed to Paul.  He's our apostle.  

The risen Christ appeared to many people (500 at one time according to Paul), including all the disciples. 

1 minute ago, Kimba said:

Read Acts.  Israel was diminishing from the stoning of Stephen.  The problem is people believe there is only one gospel.  If you are truthful and a truth seeker you will see from God's Word there is more than one gospel. 

I have read Acts. You're not explaining the delay in revelation from post-resurrection to post-ascension.

1 minute ago, DonnyTJS said:

The risen Christ appeared to many people (500 at one time according to Paul), including all the disciples. 

I have read Acts. You're not explaining the delay in revelation from post-resurrection to post-ascension.

Read acts 9 onwards in the King James Version - that's when God -Jesus Christ - saved Saul of Tarsus and gave him the revelation of the mystery - Romans through Philemon. 

13 minutes ago, Kimba said:

Read acts 9 onwards in the King James Version - that's when God -Jesus Christ - saved Saul of Tarsus and gave him the revelation of the mystery - Romans through Philemon. 

I know Acts. I know that after Saul's conversion on the road to Damascus, once the scales had fallen from his eyes, he was baptized (what have you against baptism?). I know that after this, the Gentile Cornelius was told by the Holy Ghost to seek out Peter, who then had the vision showing that the Gospel was for all. The same Peter who said to Cornelius that "of every nation, he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." (Acts 10:35).

None of which explains the delay in revelation, but it does show that Peter was still subject to revelation following Saul's conversion, and those revelations were not solely regarding Israel, yet you reject Peter's teachings. It makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

I know Acts. I know that after Saul's conversion on the road to Damascus, once the scales had fallen from his eyes, he was baptized (what have you against baptism?). I know that after this, the Gentile Cornelius was told by the Holy Ghost to seek out Peter, who then had the vision showing that the Gospel was for all. The same Peter who said to Cornelius that "of every nation, he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." (Acts 10:35).

None of which explains the delay in revelation, but it does show that Peter was still subject to revelation following Saul's conversion, and those revelations were not solely regarding Israel, yet you reject Peter's teachings. It makes no sense.

Things that differ are not the same.

If we are in Israel's program then what exactly was the purpose of Jesus saving Paul ???

You see, you want to write off Paul because the revelation of the mystery tells you that you having nothing to do with your salvation.  

Jesus Saved Paul because he gave him a whole new program - a secret hid in God.

Religious people who think they have something to do with their salvation hate this truth. 

Actually, I don't want to watch it because last time I opened a link you posted it was from a white-supremacist site and I started receiving loads of spam.

Anyroad, I think I've had enough of your evasions for the day. You say go read Acts, I point out that what Acts says about Peter's revelation and the Gentile Cornelius, this being after the revelation to Paul, and you blank it and revert to your unquestioning use of YouTube rather than Scripture. 

2 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Actually, I don't want to watch it because last time I opened a link you posted it was from a white-supremacist site and I started receiving loads of spam.

Anyroad, I think I've had enough of your evasions for the day. You say go read Acts, I point out that what Acts says about Peter's revelation and the Gentile Cornelius, this being after the revelation to Paul, and you blank it and revert to your unquestioning use of YouTube rather than Scripture. 

Donny!, it's my bro in Christ Rodney Beaulieu!  I want you to be saved very much. You would make a good soldier!  Please take a look xx

12 hours ago, Kimba said:

Scotty, we are not in the tribulation - we are not appointed to wrath (1 Thess 5:9). In the tribulation God will be pouring out His WRATH.   The rapture happens before the 7 year tribulation.  

And of course, I know all that.

You said that the sheep and goats division will take place at the FUTURE Great White Throne Judgement.

I said, no, it will take place...

On 5/27/2018 at 7:33 AM, Scotty CTA said:

...at the end of the tribulation, at the 'Second Coming', just before the Millennial Reign...

(Which is clearly in the future.)

You responded - "We are not in the tribulation."

Honestly! :banghead:

What kind of an answer is that?

Why make things unnecessarily difficult?

Seriously.

Please go back, take your time, and answer properly.

You believe we are the Bride as well.  

Only because we are.

The bride is ISRAEL.

I disagree.

Jesus (the Groom) comes for His Bride (His church) at the rapture.

He comes with His Bride at The Second Coming.

Israel has to go through the tribulation, so Jesus won't be coming for Israel at the rapture.

The Groom protects His Bride from the Wrath of God before the tribulation.

(That is the purpose of the rapture.)

Why would Israel be the Bride?

Israel isn't even Jesus' church.

And why else would the feast in heaven between the rapture and the Second Coming be called 'The Marriage Supper Of The Lamb'?

What about all the tricky stuff I asked Scotty that went completely ignored? 

I probably haven't read it.

Can you give me a list?

11 hours ago, Kimba said:

Haughty.  

No, just trying to be nice.

Has it not occurred to you why he's backing you up?  

Because I'm right and you're wrong?

Israel had to have faith plus works (Peter, James, Hebrews) - you believe your works prove your salvation.

:lol:

This again.

It's as if you are trying to get under my skin by continually posting things that aren't even close to being true.

It won't work. :wave:

All you have done is stopped doing some sins through the energies of your flesh. 

Suicide.gif

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Took me a while to figure that one out but she's using the present tense with reference to a future event, like saying 'Scotland are not in the world cup' despite the world cup not having occurred as yet. Words, eh?

It works either way.

Jude tells me something that I've already posted as if when she posts it it's supposed to counter the point I already made.

"Oh, we're not appointed to wrath?" 

(Yeah, thanks for that. :rolleyes: )

I was posting that when you were unsaved and didn't want to know.

Jude... Please post something that makes sense that will actually FURTHER the conversation. 

Oh, and why does Jesus separate the sheep from the goats at 'The Great White Throne Judgement' (He doesn't, you know) if everyone at 'The Great White Throne Judgement' ends up in The Lake Of Fire?

(Doesn't make any sense, does it?)

Now... In your pride, you're not wrong if you don't admit it. Right?

2 Timothy 4:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Scotty, you could have watched the above video about dispelling confusion but all you’re interested in is proving you are right instead of what God’s Word rightly divided says.

Edited by Kimba

On 5/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, Scotty CTA said:

:lol:

This again.

It's as if you are trying to get under my skin by continually posting things that aren't even close to being true.

It won't work. :wave:

Suicide.gif

Only because you’ve continually stated it both on here and in personal emails to me.

quote from earlier in thread:-

“I don't add anything, BUT I'm pretty sure that I said something along the lines of genuine conversion should have some 'evidence' (indication) attached to it. A person can't repent (change their mind) and remain the same.”

Religious folk will always add a BUT to the finished work of Jesus Christ....as in adding.  It’s a works salvation that doesn’t save (that they won’t admit to).

My only evidence i am saved is that Jesus Christ died for my sins was buried and rose again the third day for my justification.  I am saved by having his righteousness imputed to my account by faith the very second I believed the gospel.  That should have been your answer, not I did this or that...me,me me.

Lost people do good works - is that evidence they are saved?  No.   You can’t tell who is saved by looking at their works.  

Stop being a self righteous fruit inspector Scotty.

Edited by Kimba

On 5/28/2018 at 12:20 PM, Scotty CTA said:

And of course, I know all that.

You said that the sheep and goats division will take place at the FUTURE Great White Throne Judgement.

Why make things unnecessarily difficult?

Seriously.

Please go back, take your time, and answer properly.

Only because we are.

I disagree.

Jesus (the Groom) comes for His Bride (His church) at the rapture.

He comes with His Bride at The Second Coming.

Israel has to go through the tribulation, so Jesus won't be coming for Israel at the rapture.

The Groom protects His Bride from the Wrath of God before the tribulation.

(That is the purpose of the rapture.)

Why would Israel be the Bride?

Israel isn't even Jesus' church.

And why else would the feast in heaven between the rapture and the Second Coming be called 'The Marriage Supper Of The Lamb'?

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.org/2014/09/19/bride-of-christ/

Not learning right division as commanded by God will end in apostasy.

Edited by Kimba