Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Royal Wedding Day Fellow Plebs

On 1/11/2020 at 9:03 AM, dan cake said:

was welcomed to the hotel in Russia with a "and how is her majesty" from the guy on reception

explained to him politely probably not the best question to be asking Scottish football fans!

Maybe it was just his pet name for you?

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

82384200_620746798691637_130970030497071

I'm assuming he's the same guy that's in the clip.  About three or four days before the wedding two years ago, I was in Windsor and thought I'd take a look at what was happening with the preparations.  This muppet along with about four or five similarly minded chums already camped out on the street.  There were also a couple of American versions as well.    Up close, they are even odder than they appear on TV.

The irony that on the other side of the road, police were clearing rough sleepers away while to crews from around the world were queuing up to interview this circus act wasn't lost on me.

17 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

They'll still make fortunes off their titles, its.not as if they're going to go get regular jobs and completely separate themselves from royal life. 

Anyway, it's all gone quiet on the randy andy front? When will.he be arrested?

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They'll still make fortunes off their titles, its.not as if they're going to go get regular jobs and completely separate themselves from royal life. 

Yep. They’ll be funded through different channels. 

Could this all be done to restore some faith and sympathy with the Royals and get Andrew off the front pages?

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Oh I know, but it would be impossible for them to suddenly become ‘commoners ‘ and at least they are paying back the money spent on their house. I am as far from a royalist as you can get but I do think this is quite a bold move. 

The Harry/Meghan spectacle has been rather convenient at taking the  heat off Andrew. 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Oh I know, but it would be impossible for them to suddenly become ‘commoners ‘ and at least they are paying back the money spent on their house. I am as far from a royalist as you can get but I do think this is quite a bold move. 

The Harry/Meghan spectacle has been rather convenient at taking the  heat off Andrew. 

Are they volunteering to give back the money or have they been advised to because of recent events? 

I doubt the royals are caring about getting rid of mr and mrs Hewitt anyway. 😜

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Are they volunteering to give back the money or have they been advised to because of recent events? 

I doubt the royals are caring about getting rid of mr and mrs Hewitt anyway. 😜

🙂 yeah, a bit like killing 2 blue tits with the one stone for the royal family.

Without actually killing them this time. 😗