Starting Line-Up V Hungary - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Line-Up V Hungary

Caledonian Craig

47 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't think it did. He played OK in a very comfortable defence against a very poor attack. 

He wasn't bad but he didn't stand out. 

Now I'll confess to only having seen him a handful of times at Dundee and Celtic but he didn't stand out for them either. In fact his games for Celtic have been poor so far. 

I think he only got the cap because he's at Celtic and I think there are others that have played better for longer that were overlooked. 

Hopefully he'll turn out to be a phenomenal player (after Celtic punt him for buttons 😉) but I haven't seen anything that supports the hype so far. 

Can’t agree. He showed terrific pace to snuff out a possible one on one. Took the ball 30 yards up the pitch once (maybe twice) and was totally unflustered when set about by a team of reasonably skilful hammer throwers.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Can’t agree. He showed terrific pace to snuff out a possible one on one. Took the ball 30 yards up the pitch once (maybe twice) and was totally unflustered when set about by a team of reasonably skilful hammer throwers.

He's definitely quick, which is a bonus for a centre half. I just haven't seen any quality defending against a decent team. 

The fact that you describe Hungary as hammer throwers supports my point.