Three team Group or Four team Group - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Three team Group or Four team Group

ceudmilefailte

23 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Seems to have a been a lot of people wanting a three team group and some glad that we got one.

Surely it's a disadvantage long term to have less competitive football.  Going by that even the fact that we never qualify for any finals is partly responsible  for our inability to reach them.

I'd agree. Especially as we're likely to sit on our arses and do nothing on the 'empty' game dates.

2 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

I'd agree. Especially as we're likely to sit on our arses and do nothing on the 'empty' game dates.

I could be wrong but I thought we were being made by UEFA to play a friendly on at least one of the 2 free dates.

On 25/01/2018 at 1:49 PM, drew said:

Home or away?

Wow!

Not being funny, but can we have a home game please. My wallet and brownie points from the missus are running low.

6 Away games in one calendar year. Have we ever had that?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

On 1/26/2018 at 6:18 PM, Bristolhibby said:

Wow!

Not being funny, but can we have a home game please. My wallet and brownie points from the missus are running low.

6 Away games in one calendar year. Have we ever had that?

J

I'd rather a home game as well but more to do with only being able to afford 1 away game this year as getting married next year. I'm about to see a lot of away points drop off as well.

Did we not have 5 or 6 away games under Levein one calendar year. Brazil, Northern Ireland, Wales, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Lichtenstein + 1 more possibly.

9 hours ago, drew said:

I'd rather a home game as well but more to do with only being able to afford 1 away game this year as getting married next year. I'm about to see a lot of away points drop off as well.

I wouldn’t worry. You’ll not be needing the points after next year anyway!

I wish it were a 4 team group, as I believe the ranking points for this affair will be higher than a friendly. Our world cup qualifying pot should be a 3 at the lowest and hopefully a 2 at best.  Here's to a good run of performance and results in the net two years IF we get our next Manager appointment - is the best of a bad bunch acceptable?