Takeaway tipping etiquette - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Takeaway tipping etiquette

8 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I never tip. It's their job ffs. 

depends - some restaurants in south africa  pay zero wages and its tip + % commission on the bill

i was in mauritious recently  and felt strange not tipping, because its not custom - although still tipped the hotel maids

Edited by euan2020

On 21/09/2017 at 10:25 PM, jenblueeyes said:
You have ordered:
1x Small 9.5" Ranch BBQ
   + Classic Crust
1x Lotta-chocca Pizza

Price: £17.98 (Including VAT)
For full ingredients, nutritional and allergen information see here.

Courtesy of Domino's - that'll be why I only order a takeaway once a year!

£18 for a wee pizza and a pudding? Bloody hell Jen I'll nip into LAldis buy you a pizza and an individual trifle, place pizza on the engine and by the time I get to yours it'll be nice and warm and I'll only charge £15. 

7 minutes ago, G-Man said:

£18 for a wee pizza and a pudding? Bloody hell Jen I'll nip into LAldis buy you a pizza and an individual trifle, place pizza on the engine and by the time I get to yours it'll be nice and warm and I'll only charge £15. 

Missed a promotional trick there G-Man

Join Dogging with Hookers and get a stuffed crust for only £15.

36 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Missed a promotional trick there G-Man

Join Dogging with Hookers and get a stuffed crust for only £15.

Bobster if you're not in the promotion business you're missing a trick, bloody genius. I'm thinking of t-shirts and hoodies with that slogan,  'Dogging with Hookers' on front and the Stuffed Crust bit on the back. I may wear a promotional one in Slovenia and gauge interest. 

1 hour ago, jcs said:

Always pay a tip it's scotland ffs do you think these people like gettin soaked every other night it's not a vocation it's a means of making a couple of quid 

Plus its low wage, zero hours contract, need to be fit by bike (drumlins!) and long, late hours.   One firm just closed in Glasgow this week & their folk got papped with no notice.   They won't get the money back they had to pay for their kit either I bet.