Stitched Up - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stitched Up

Cameron going there only because there was a big oil find he wanted to keep quiet is not plausible. It already was being kept quiet and he only revealed it if that was true.

Cameron going there because there was a big oil find and because he planned on making a deal with the Islanders to break away from a newly Independent Scotland (promising them huge personal wealth to do so is plausible, very plausible.

No doubt with some plan to challenge the territorial waters rule etc etc...

This is how they have always worked.

If we are not a colony why are we treated as one attempting to leave? Every dirty, disgusting trick in the book...

Sub 30% Yes. They voted no while having lots of oil wealth so maybe would have voted even higher no if they had lots and lots of oil wealth.

Ah, right, I understand now. It can be hard to step into the 'I'm alright Jock' mindset. :lol:

I had thought the north east's scepticism about independence stemmed from fear over what would happen when the oil runs out, which is kind of understandable. The rhetorical question I always put was who would you rather dealt with the situation when that day arrives: a government in London or a government in Scotland. I don't suppose that tack works when you are dealing with greedy bastards though.