Independence - An Actual Proper Movement - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Independence - An Actual Proper Movement

Its getting more and more likely that the SNP are going to be pushing for home rule in the short term - full powers except defence and foreign policy

A good tactic i feel on the road to full indy. Pete Wishart has just posted this which i think is telling in the run up to oor Nicola taking over

(be careful reading it - it took my eyes a minute or so to adjust after it. Maybe just me)

http://petewishart.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/moving-on/

Ive also noticed a common theme from the unionists - "the majority have voted to be part of the UK which implies no change or more powers are wanted "

Labour guy said that last night and repeated by Annabel Goldie tonight

Cheers for the link.

Very interesting especially "This is where this new movement can start to flex its muscles and return a large group of Home Rule Devo Maxers"

A Yes Alliance/Home Rule for Scotland on the ballot in May?

I have had an absolute fukking brainwave.

We all know that people on the internet, the working age population, voted marginally yes. The elderly, those who get all their news from the TV and papers, voted massively no.

Places like the borders, where internet connections are terrible, voted massively no.

So...

The government should now start a programme of improving internet speeds across the whole country. Secondly, they should get silver surfers activated. Give every household over 65 a Chromebook. With a small range of news sites and links to community activism pre-installed in the favourites.

Boom! An informed population. And we all knows what happens after that.

Better still.

As Scotland are to be given, according to the "Vow", new powers, should they not be introducing compulsory euthanasia for all those over 70-75?

Kills several birds with one stone. Lots of No voters gone, reduced pensions bill, and a younger, more vibrant population of Yes voters.

Will also save loads on the chromebooks.

Now wheres my book on Pol Pot?

Thplinth, you're back and I've always had a soft spot for you so we'll agree to differ and I'll make sure to put a good word in for you with Her Maj' :whistling:

I'll run out of fury eventually and recede but until then... Did you read that "purring" comment by Cameron and his other remarks? I think it is safe to say she was not neutral when she made that comment / veiled threat.

I'll run out of fury eventually and recede but until then... Did you read that "purring" comment by Cameron and his other remarks? I think it is safe to say she was not neutral when she made that comment / veiled threat.

Had to read that twice.

Thought someone had neutered good old Liz. Perish the thought.

:blink: Whit? :lol: How does one manage to get themselves barred from such a club? Contraband chocolate digestives or something?

Being rude, cheesecake and accusing teacher of menopausal symptoms which are maybe too graphic to mention on this thread. :yikes3:

I have never met her but I cannot believe the queen has ever 'purred' and he's also on safe ground as it's rare for the palace to comment on private matters. Unlike that khunt Cameron who I'm sure knew his comments would have been overheard. I think she'd like the UK to stay as it is now but she'd still have been Queen of an independent Scotland, until such time as the Scottish people decided to vote otherwise, and she'd still have her favourite residence up here.

"what have you done for anyone, you didn't fight a war, you had a great National Health Service, never knew a day of unemployment, could afford a house and 2 children on your man's wage, took a wee job on because you got bored when John and Fi went off to study, which was free, and you get a fecking not bad wee pension from that. to add to all the other pension payments you get. And then you expect to get respect just because you're getting old?" I

This is very my parents' attitude towards most of their own generation. At least they fully acknowledge how lucky they've been.