Sounds of the 60s - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Listening to it right now (as mentioned in the other thread ;) )

The show is continuing, but at 6am on Saturdays and with Tony Blackburn, who despite his 60s credentials certainly never had the inclusiveness and interest in all genres of the pop music of the decade that Brian Matthew has. It's the end of an era indeed :( 

Always listened to the show whenever driving early on a Saturday to football.

Brian has always been so knowledgeable. And have enjoyed Tim Rice covering the show lately.

Tony Blackburn??? Have always hated the man since childhood. A dreadful choice as new presenter if that's who it is. 

17 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Tony Blackburn??? Have always hated the man since childhood. A dreadful choice as new presenter if that's who it is. 

The stupidest change the BBC made to R2 was to move Paul Gambicini from his excellent Saturday evening show to Pick of the Pops, a show which a trained monkey could do.  Even worse they replaced Gambicini with Trevor Nelson.

35 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The stupidest change the BBC made to R2 was to move Paul Gambicini from his excellent Saturday evening show to Pick of the Pops, a show which a trained monkey could do.  Even worse they replaced Gambicini with Trevor Nelson.

Aye America's Greatest Hits was another Saturday staple for me :( 

6am?? I guess the only bonus of that time is it makes it highly unlikely that i will accidentally tune in to Tony Blackburn.

SOTS has officially been doubly killed off by the BBC

• 5 weeks later...