Aberdeen v Motherwell - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Motherwell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

;)

Well, to be fair, it was a deliberate elbow straight to Pawlett's napper.

You're lucky it wasn't oor Wullie refereeing...

Annoyingly for Considine and McManus the bookings still stand.

I haven't seen it, but if he deliberately elbowed him in the head and the referee saw it, its strange (or lucky) it was only a booking.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen put in temporary measures which were adequate to cope with all power usage. Indeed they played on Saturday with absolutely no issues. 

I'd expect Aberdeen should ask to pay Motherwell's costs and provide a couple of free buses to the return game for the 'Well fans who traveled to the match. 

I'm sure the SPFL will look in to it, see that Aberdeen took adequate measures to get the game on, and conclude that it's just one of those things. 

I can't decide whether Debian is on the wind-up in this thread, or if he's just thick as feck :lol: 

Obviously weren't adequate given they failed twice last night. 

As for no issues, has it not been mentioned that whilst the floodlights worked on saturday there were issues elsewhere?

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As for no issues, has it not been mentioned that whilst the floodlights worked on saturday there were issues elsewhere?

Yup.

What else can the club realistically be expected to do? We had some issues with our stadium immediately prior to 3 games in 8 days. These things happen.

A few years ago, the office I was in had a major power outage.  The main transformer for the building was in the underground car park, which was flooded, and it was completely fried.  We were on generator power for about two months before the transformer was replaced.  

It wasn't a particularly large building, three stories, maybe a couple of hundred people working there and there were two temporary generators and they were absolutely massive, bigger than shipping containers.

There were loads of issues with them, we were sent home on 2-3 occasions and on several other occasions couldn't get into the office until mid morning due to them breaking down.

Based on that experience, it's pretty staggering that a top flight football club tried to put on a match using temporary power.  

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah, the temporary measures failed. A pretty unlucky set of circumstances. Were the measures Aberdeen put in place reasonable? Yes, clearly.

Anything else is a ridiculous argument. Should Aberdeen have brought in a spare 2 generators in case the ones they had failed? What if those 2 had also failed? Or the next 2? Or the next 2. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

Based on that experience, it's pretty staggering that a top flight football club tried to put on a match using temporary power.  

They done just that successfully on Saturday...

6 minutes ago, deecie said:

Yup.

What else can the club realistically be expected to do? We had some issues with our stadium immediately prior to 3 games in 8 days. These things happen.

The price of success.

:lol:

Does sound like the measures in place weren't up to scratch for whatever reason.

Motherwell fans were questioning the scheduling of this match in an already packed December from the day it was announced, although that's a seperate issue.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Does sound like the measures in place weren't up to scratch for whatever reason.

How does it sound that way? Aberdeen hosted a game on Saturday without problems. 

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

A few years ago, the office I was in had a major power outage.  The main transformer for the building was in the underground car park, which was flooded, and it was completely fried.  We were on generator power for about two months before the transformer was replaced.  

It wasn't a particularly large building, three stories, maybe a couple of hundred people working there and there were two temporary generators and they were absolutely massive, bigger than shipping containers.

There were loads of issues with them, we were sent home on 2-3 occasions and on several other occasions couldn't get into the office until mid morning due to them breaking down.

When it comes to temporary power solutions, im gonna put my trust ATR over you and your day off from your office.

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

How does it sound that way? Aberdeen hosted a game on Saturday without problems. 

Somebody had said earlier in the thread there were problems on Saturday, they just didn't affect the floodlights or the match itself.

Is that a false claim?

I didn't travel, and as I said earlier, these things happen, just commenting that it does appear there were ongoing reliability issues and while being addressed perhaps the temporary measures werent reliable enough?

Not necessarily the fault of AFC, but why the need to blindly defend them? You'll need to change your name to EK_don.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Yeah, we should have used the Motherwell method of watering the park at 13.00 after it's been pishing rain for a month, and then postpone the game an hour before KO when a 1K Dons fans are pishing it up in these shitehole Lanarkshire boozers.

That would have been better.... :lol:

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

Yeah, we should have used the Motherwell method of watering the park at 13.00 after it's been pishing rain for a month, and then postpone the game an hour before KO when a 1K Dons fans are pishing it up in these shitehole Lanarkshire boozers.

Nice bit of whataboutery there. 

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it happened...

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

of AFC, but why the need to blindly defend them? You'll need to change your name to EK_don.

I'm not blindly defending anyone. AFC put measures in place to cover the power requirements of the stadium on a match day. These worked on Saturday but failed last night. Why did they fail? I don't know. 

Aberdeen will recompense Motherwell and their travelling 6 fans. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm not blindly defending anyone. AFC put measures in place to cover the power requirements of the stadium on a match day. These worked on Saturday but failed last night. Why did they fail? I don't know. 

Aberdeen will recompense Motherwell and their travelling 6 fans. 

But apparently they didn't work on Saturday....

I just find the tribal nature amusing, if this happened at fir park, the dons fans would be all over it (as exhibited with a gripe about a waterlogged pitch 13 years ago). As it happened at Pittodrie, nobody's to blame.

I'm not really looking to point the finger at anyone, but based on the accounts of problems at Pittodrie, someone somewhere has perhaps gambled slightly that it would all work out ok, and it didn't. I think that's a fair observation.

Keith Lesley is a qualified spark, im surprised you didn't try to blame him.