all ticket games - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets for the fife derby on january 2nd are going on sale soon and the fans are being asked to provide their names addresses when purchasing.Apparently this will be coming into the rules from january 1st so i was wondering if any clubs do this already for league games or any games for that matter.We did it for the ramsdens cup final a couple of years ago which was fair enough as it was a final but a league game at starks park is a first.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Motherwell have taken your name and address for years when buying for ticketed games.

Makes sense to have a database of fans for lots of reasons. Would help identify and/or keep out trouble makers theoretically. Would also be a way of allocating tickets for a cup final or league decider, or keeping Old firm fans out if it were one of them you were playing (not on database= no ticket). May allow marketing too (a leaflet through the door "why not buy a 1/2 season ticket" for example...)

I'm surprised they're only starting to do it.

It might be a rule for European games? So perhaps that's been extended.

46 minutes ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Tickets for the fife derby on january 2nd are going on sale soon and the fans are being asked to provide their names addresses when purchasing.Apparently this will be coming into the rules from january 1st so i was wondering if any clubs do this already for league games or any games for that matter.We did it for the ramsdens cup final a couple of years ago which was fair enough as it was a final but a league game at starks park is a first.

Never knew this. Thanks. Mates a Rover fans, and a few of us were thinking of going (depending on the recovery from New Year!)

Ok and there may still be pay at gate on the day but best no take a chance as it is the new year derby.My issue was the names and addresses that the spfl are going to start getting clubs to do from jan 1st.

On 11/16/2016 at 10:43 PM, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Common practice.

On 11/16/2016 at 10:51 PM, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell have taken your name and address for years when buying for ticketed games.

Makes sense to have a database of fans for lots of reasons. Would help identify and/or keep out trouble makers theoretically. Would also be a way of allocating tickets for a cup final or league decider, or keeping Old firm fans out if it were one of them you were playing (not on database= no ticket). May allow marketing too (a leaflet through the door "why not buy a 1/2 season ticket" for example...)

I'm surprised they're only starting to do it.

It might be a rule for European games? So perhaps that's been extended.

Only if they do it right. When Hibs used to sell directly to Rangers fans I think they used the same database (without differntiating Hibs and Rangers/Celtic fans) as I used to get emails with ticket schedules for hibs games as I was "on their database".

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 1:15 AM, dandydunn said:

It's the only way to get tickets for pittodrie. 

No such thing as cash gates nowadays. 

Saints have plastered it on their pusbook today that our end at Pittodrie is cash next week.

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Saints have plastered it on their pusbook today that our end at Pittodrie is cash next week.

It's been said already that the away end is cash,I didn't know that. 

I might go in there next week,see how shite McLean is from a different angle.