The Vow - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My memory of events were the first poll giving a lead for Yes came out, people could sense the momentum and the leaders of the three main parties were visibly shitting themselves, including the Queen.

But hey ho you talk yourself into thinking it made no difference and you would have lost no matter if it makes your wallowing more enjoyable. Mibbes aye mibbes naw, we will never know one way or the other because what was done is done.

Amazed at how passive and accepting of all of this some folk are. Are we so used to getting walked over we do not notice it any more. So little outrage...

Pretty much that's what happened - 1 poll with Yes leading with less than a week to go and then the media invasion.

Kay Burley openly slagging a Yes supporter has pretty much been forgotten.

It wisnae the "vow" per se that won it - it was the onslaught from the Sunday onwards.

From the point the "vow" was kicked in to play, for Yes it was pretty much a repeat of the 1-0 game at home to France - HOLD, HOLD, HOLD

Ultimately it was the Postal votes what "won" the referendum - mair than the two Yes cities combined.

Michael Meacher let the cat out of the bag re postal votes a while back.

Funny how first world problems like misunderstanding the highway code or strangers taking too long at a cash machine vex people more than getting ed out of the first ever vote on Scotland's sovereignty.

My memory of events were the first poll giving a lead for Yes came out, people could sense the momentum and the leaders of the three main parties were visibly shitting themselves, including the Queen.

But hey ho you talk yourself into thinking it made no difference and you would have lost no matter if it makes your wallowing more enjoyable. Mibbes aye mibbes naw, we will never know one way or the other because what was done is done.

Amazed at how passive and accepting of all of this some folk are. Are we so used to getting walked over we do not notice it any more. So little outrage...

Totally agree. The acceptance of this is mind-blowing. Phuqqing hell, I moved country because of it.

If the Vow had no effect why did three sworn enemies all come together in the most bizarre political spectacle seen in certainly my living memory? Are you ing mental saying it made no difference. Why did they do it then FFS. I give up.

Don't give up even though this is so frustrating.

Of course the Vow made a difference. The fact that it was a panic measure is evidenced by the mess afterwards and Tory and Labour MPs getting all uppity about it because they thought their English constituencies would loose out with Scotland getting increased powers (aka a fair deal). The No vote was ot convinving and all this talk about settled will of Scotish voters is garbage. Only 1 in 11 No voters needed to take the bait for BT to win. It would have allowed some of these at least the excuse to hide behind and some probaly genuinely felt FFA/home Rule/Devo Max was on the table but weren't prepared to cut the apron strings to rUK. I think there is a question whether the three amigos intervention broke purdah but that is not goign to be delat with so the big remaining question is who is to blame the DR or those who put their signatures to it. Seems to me they're all trying to weasel their way out of it.

This will come back and bite then on the erse come May. We (the collective "we") were lied to, duped, deceived, people can see that now. The referendum was about Scotlands future, to promise the earth (albeit without any detail) then after they get what they want move the goalposts, well, it was criminal. We saw this coming a mile off, it's such a shame some people are so gullible and stupid enough to believe a single word they self serving shitebags utter.

Pretty much that's what happened - 1 poll with Yes leading with less than a week to go and then the media invasion.

Kay Burley openly slagging a Yes supporter has pretty much been forgotten.

It wisnae the "vow" per se that won it - it was the onslaught from the Sunday onwards.

From the point the "vow" was kicked in to play, for Yes it was pretty much a repeat of the 1-0 game at home to France - HOLD, HOLD, HOLD

Ultimately it was the Postal votes what "won" the referendum - mair than the two Yes cities combined.

Michael Meacher let the cat out of the bag re postal votes a while back.

Funny how first world problems like misunderstanding the highway code or strangers taking too long at a cash machine vex people more than getting ed out of the first ever vote on Scotland's sovereignty.

Damn right Brant. Far to many Yes voters on here now wanting to roll over and tell themselves they were beat fair and square or that people here shat it. I mean they did but FFS do folk not remember 'the onslaught' when the shit hit the fan down south and they all went berserk with their little faces all red and tearful and covered in flecks of shit. Most of the folk they were targetting don't use social media, dont know the mainstream media are utter liars, they think they can actually trust the BBC... And it worked.

The OAP's especially thought it meant they could have their cake and eat it, get the benefits of Yes but not take any of the risks of Yes. They conned them and in turn cheated the vote knowing full well the doddering old bastards will tune back out and not hunt them down on it.

And we will see how devastated Labour are next year. I am not holding my breath that is for sure.

None of us know what would have happened that final week had they acted with integrity and let a fair vote take place. But the shear ing panic and terror in their eyes and the onslaught and the reintroduction of Devo The Vow under No all tell me we were going to win.

Consequently we were cheated. Cheated of the opportunity to find out.

So you 'we would have lost anyway' ers, would you please get up off your knees and get annoyed... FFS.

Edited by thplinth

Damn right Brant. Far to many Yes voters on here now wanting to roll over and tell themselves they were beat fair and square or that people here shat it. I mean they did but FFS do folk not remember 'the onslaught' when the shit hit the fan down south and they all went berserk with their little faces all red and tearful and covered in flecks of shit. Most of the folk they were targetting don't use social media, dont know the mainstream media are utter liars, they think they can actually trust the BBC... And it worked.

The OAP's especially thought it meant they could have their cake and eat it, get the benefits of Yes but not take any of the risks of Yes. They conned them and in turn cheated the vote knowing full well the doddering old bastards will tune back out and not hunt them down on it.

And we will see how devastated Labour are next year. I am not holding my breath that is for sure.

None of us know what would have happened that final week had they acted with integrity and let a fair vote take place. But the shear ing panic and terror in their eyes and the onslaught and the reintroduction of Devo The Vow under No all tell me we were going to win.

So you 'we would have lost anyway' ers, would you please get up off your knees and get annoyed... FFS.

Spot on

So you 'we would have lost anyway' ers, would you please get up off your knees and get annoyed... FFS

:ok: