Leigh Griffiths - the new Kris Boyd - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leigh Griffiths - the new Kris Boyd

Rossy

Tons of goals against shite cannon fodder. Not trusted by his club manager at a higher (European) level, barely given a kick of the ball in a Scotland shirt because the manager doesn't think he's good enough.

Where does Griffiths go from here ?

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Tons of goals against shite cannon fodder. Not trusted by his club manager at a higher (European) level, barely given a kick of the ball in a Scotland shirt because the manager doesn't think he's good enough.

Right, where do we start with this one. He has played in 4 games Europe this season and scored 5 times. After he scored against Aberdeen, he was out for a month, including the Barcelona game. Prior to the Man City game, Dembele had scored 6 goals in 5 games and as such started ahead of Griffiths given his form and the fact that griffiths was just returning from injury. 

Next.

10 minutes ago, Rossy said:

He has been trusted in Europe bar being injured recently.

Griffiths has good link up play, can run in behind and works hard. He is far better than Boyd.

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Right, where do we start with this one. He has played in 4 games Europe this season and scored 5 times. After he scored against Aberdeen, he was out for a month, including the Barcelona game. Prior to the Man City game, Dembele had scored 6 goals in 5 games and as such started ahead of Griffiths given his form and the fact that griffiths was just returning from injury. 

Next.

3 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

He has been trusted in Europe bar being injured recently.

Griffiths has good link up play, can run in behind and works hard. He is far better than Boyd.

Not trusted by his club manger against anyone outside Hamilton.

A wee boy lost in his Scotland appearances, and apparently deemed not good enough by Strachan to start against Lithuania at home.

Does anyone believe Griffiths has a long and robust Scotland career ahead of him ?

Rotherham in 12 months.

Next.

Edited by Rossy

Just now, Rossy said:

A wee boy lost in his Scotland appearances, and apparently deemed not good enough by Strachan to start against Lithuania at home.

Rotherham in 12 months.

Nest.

Aye, aye.

Poor attempt at trolling.

What does it say about likes of Shinnie that Strachan doesnt even deem good enough for squad?

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Does anyone believe Griffiths has a long and robust Scotland career ahead of him ?

Rotherham in 12 months.

Next.

You're a full blown wand ma man.

You are wrong on this one Rossy.

Cannot support you on this one mate.

Let Leigh Griffiths get a few games up top for Scotland and then let's judge, anything else is premature.

BTW - what was the last away game you were at and have you ever recovered from that disgusting hangover you had in Paris??

Edited by Barney Rubble

2 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

Aye, aye.

Poor attempt at trolling.

What does it say about likes of Shinnie that Strachan doesnt even deem good enough for squad?

I think the question should be what does this say about Strachan that he refuses to pick Scottish players who play at the top in our top league and in form yet picks players who are struggling for 2nd division English sides 

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

You are a on this one Rossy.

Cannot support you on this one mate.

Let Leigh Griffiths get a few games up top for Scotland and then let's judge, anything else is premature.

BTW - what was the last away game you were at and have you ever recovered from that disgusting hangover you had in Paris??

I'm all for giving Griffiths a chance. He's shown nothing in a Scotland shirt though to say he's an international player.

I've no idea who or what you're talking about. I was in Portugal for the Gibraltar game and probably had just a disgusting hangover in Paris (which game) as everyone else. 

What's your point ?

3 minutes ago, Baz said:

I think the question should be what does this say about Strachan that he refuses to pick Scottish players who play at the top in our top league and in form yet picks players who are struggling for 2nd division English sides 

Thats my point.

You cant pick and choose when Strachans judgement on a player is a sign of their quality.

Edited by JamDav1982

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I'm all for giving Griffiths a chance. He's shown nothing in a Scotland shirt though to say he's an international player.

I've no idea who or what you're talking about. I was in Portugal for the Gibraltar game and probably had just a disgusting hangover in Paris (which game) as everyone else. 

What's your point ?

I'm having a laugh mate - don't take it personally.

The morning after Faddy's goal in Paris I met DHD, your good self and one other, and let's just say you were not the brightest, not that we were either admittedly.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'm having a laugh mate - don't take it personally.

The morning after Faddy's goal in Paris I met DHD, your good self and one other, and let's just say you were not the brightest, not that we were either admittedly.

No worries.

You sure about that ? I don't remember anything until a beer in the sunshine just before the train back.....:P

4 minutes ago, Alan said:

Think the op is doing some anti-OF trolling. Hope Griffiths starts next week.

I hope he starts next week as well, and finally proves that he can play international football.

Please tell us exactly what was factually incorrect about my observations re. Griffiths. 

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I hope he starts next week as well, and finally proves that he can play international football.

Please tell us exactly what was factually incorrect about my observations re. Griffiths. 

Please see my first response.  

38 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

Thats my point.

You cant pick and choose when Strachans judgement on a player is a sign of their quality.

Nah I don't think that was your point.

You were the trying to suggest that strachan should select Grifiths because he scores goals for scotlands best club team regardless of the fact he's barely played in the last few weeks thank s to dembele and the fact that he's never done anything at international level.

Let's face it. Leigh Grifiths failed at championship level. He's not the answer at international  level.