Ed Milliband Says No - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ed Milliband Says No

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I remain baffled by the Orkney and Shetland voting figures. Is there a large English population on these Islands? Serious question just can't get my head round it?

Just as we see ourselves as seperate from the UK, they see themselves as seperate from us, particularly Shetland who reckon they're Vikings or fuckin Eskimos or something. Maybe seals?

Ye ken, I was greeting when I read that, exactly how I feel and I was doing the same !

Like Kumnio said, everyone who voted no has just let themselves and their country be raped!!!!

I'm gutted but, I'm glad to say I'm very proud of those who did vote YES and like myself done their own wee bit of campaigning for the cause!

I'm also glad to say I'm angry and we all need to find ways of fuelling that anger into something positive for future change!

Dinnae gie up, as an auld wummin in Wardieburn said to me yesterday, "we might lose the battle, the war's still to be won!!!!"

Just as we see ourselves as seperate from the UK, they see themselves as seperate from us, particularly Shetland who reckon they're Vikings or fuckin Eskimos or something. Maybe seals?

One for the historians - Aren't Orkney and Shetland's links to the vikings exaggerated a lot ?

I remain baffled by the Orkney and Shetland voting figures. Is there a large English population on these Islands? Serious question just can't get my head round it?

Please can we stop with this idea that is English residents who voted no. There were two million scots who did this. Mentioning English plays into the hands of folk who think we are all raving braveheart nats.

Please can we stop with this idea that is English residents who voted no. There were two million scots who did this. Mentioning English plays into the hands of folk who think we are all raving braveheart nats.

I appreciate that bud. I repeat it was a genuine question not a point score against the English per se. I don't know the make up of the population, I assumed they were working class rural types so was amazed at how their vote went.

A bit like the Borders, the northern isles are one of the last Liberal strongholds in Scotland...and like the Borders the concept of Scottish nationalism has never really taken off there.

They have their own economic climate and are well-off enough to curb any thoughts of anything radical...like independence.

Anyone else not notice how dark Scotland is today?

No smiling, crowing or parties in the street. It's basically like a funeral - you see a Yes flag/badge on a person and give a smile without opening your mouth, but deep down you are absolutely gutted and hurting.

They say a pessimist is never disappointed...so why have I been so devastated today? Never once did I think we'd win, but the reality still crushed me.

Edited by ZoltanBuchan