Fan Zone?? - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fan Zone??

steviewatt1

Obviously before the game the main focal point is going to be TS. But whilst the game is on is there going to be a fan zone where the fans with no tickets can go to watch the game? I have enough points to get my ticket but there is a few guys I know that is travelling down that has no points that is wondering where the best place will be. Any ideas or thoughts?? Cheers guys

Hootenannys in Brixton or the Rob Roy near Edgware Road tube are the 2 Scottish pubs where I used to watch games - not sure if the latter is still open though - worth checking before you go. I think there could be another Scottish bar near Blackfriars but not sure about that one. Most other pubs will be full of unbearable England fans so worth researching your venue carefully

1 hour ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Hootenannys in Brixton or the Rob Roy near Edgware Road tube are the 2 Scottish pubs where I used to watch games - not sure if the latter is still open though - worth checking before you go. I think there could be another Scottish bar near Blackfriars but not sure about that one. Most other pubs will be full of unbearable England fans so worth researching your venue carefully

Rob Roy is now flats. 

Unless your mates get tickets to the game where there's safety in numbers I wouldn't advise drinkin in a pub down there while the game is on its Engerland on there patch  (Friday night more drunks more fights)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, steviewatt1 said:

Cheers folks for all the replies but ah the lads have managed ti get tickets..................roll on 11th Nov:spin:

Not at all surprised by this. We are pash. They are pash. The stadium is massive.

There should be loads of spare tickets flying about.

There is definitely no fanzone planned either before or during the match. The SSC confirmed this to me when I asked the question. The Met Police did not want it. They have enough on their hands with remembrance day. Plus a fanzone becomes a target for trouble as Trafalgar Square has in the past. Trafalgar Square is a no go on match day as there is a remembrance event on and there will be families and friends of the fallen there throughout the day. I have a post titled 'Alternative to Trafalgar Square' - I am suggesting Russell Square for pre match, which is very close to Kings X and Euston Stations. A short walk to several bars including O'Neills at Kings X to watch the game.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:45 PM, Chris frae Killie said:

There is definitely no fanzone planned either before or during the match. The SSC confirmed this to me when I asked the question. The Met Police did not want it. They have enough on their hands with remembrance day. Plus a fanzone becomes a target for trouble as Trafalgar Square has in the past. Trafalgar Square is a no go on match day as there is a remembrance event on and there will be families and friends of the fallen there throughout the day. I have a post titled 'Alternative to Trafalgar Square' - I am suggesting Russell Square for pre match, which is very close to Kings X and Euston Stations. A short walk to several bars including O'Neills at Kings X to watch the game.

Cheers Chris, aye i did see yir post about alternative to TS, I posted this before i knew that TS was going to be a no-go area for that day, im sure we will not be stuck for options tho! Should be a good one, my brother inlaws stag-do & leaving doo yi could say, it would just top it off with a wee win inaw;)