Group C Finale - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Group C Finale

Donaldo87

Looking forward to seeing if NI can sneak through tonight. 

Think it might be a routine 2-0 win for Germany which would see NI stay above Albania in terms of 3rd place teams (and hoping for some luck from group D or E)

In that scenario a 3-0 win for Poland would see them and Germany tied on Head to Head, Goal Difference and goals scored. Would go down to each teams fair play record and if that ties then Germany go through as group winners due to their coefficient. 

Agree Donny lad, think the win will be nothing but routine for Germany who look like they always do in tournaments, slow start then up the ante as it progresses.

Still think Germany will win the whole show, they just ooze class when they want. 

10 minutes ago, fanatyk said:

Nawałka put some players from deep reserves on the pitch and we (suprise suprise!) play crap.

I think the Polish coach might have a longer term game plan in his mind. He can afford to give a few players a rest. And, more importantly, if Poland finish 2nd in the group, then I think they don't have to play against England until the final. Every team want's to avoid England.;)

Just now, fanatyk said:

Sure he has. An with the goal now it looks a bit better. Błaszczykowski came on the pitch and made a difference.

It's a long tournament. you should be glad that you are in a position to be able to rest players.

I`m pleased with the fact that despite our stars not playing well so far we got 7 points and conceded no goal which is not so typical for our defence ;) Switzerland for sure not the worst outcome but hard game anyway. But every game would be. Roll on knockout stages.

Sickened Germany were so sloppy against that pub team up the road. Should've hammered them. 

We won't do the business against Italy so It'll be hard to take if they get out of the group and we don't 

3 minutes ago, irish said:

Sickened Germany were so sloppy against that pub team up the road. Should've hammered them. 

We won't do the business against Italy so It'll be hard to take if they get out of the group and we don't 

The Germans have some sort of love thing for the Irish,  giving your mob 3 points in Dublin after they had qualified and then letting your neighbours off with a one nil in what was easily the most one sided game of the tournament.

40 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Sounded like McGovern stopped it being a rugby score.

I think the Ulstermen will get through now, too many results need to go against them...

I agree. They would need to be as unlucky as us to go out now.

27 minutes ago, wellyman said:

The Germans have some sort of love thing for the Irish,  giving your mob 3 points in Dublin after they had qualified and then letting your neighbours off with a one nil in what was easily the most one sided game of the tournament.

Exactly.

Muller missed a chance against us he'd never miss in a million years and Schurrle too. 

Not that you'll be pleased but it was McCarthy's best performance for Ireland. 

N.I. to be fair have taken more big scalps than us the last 15/20 + years. Even when they were awful they'd pull some result out of nowhere. 

I'd always support both Scotland or Wales if they qualified for any major tournament but not the Union Jack waving/ GTSQ singing Irish team who a poster on here rightly labelled "British Ireland" ?. 

Anyway N.I. won their qualifying group and certainly didn't let themselves down and will probably qualify. That's a serious achievement for a 5th seeded team in that qualifying group.

11 hours ago, irish said:

Exactly.

Muller missed a chance against us he'd never miss in a million years and Schurrle too. 

Not that you'll be pleased but it was McCarthy's best performance for Ireland. 

N.I. to be fair have taken more big scalps than us the last 15/20 + years. Even when they were awful they'd pull some result out of nowhere. 

I'd always support both Scotland or Wales if they qualified for any major tournament but not the Union Jack waving/ GTSQ singing Irish team who a poster on here rightly labelled "British Ireland" ?. 

Anyway N.I. won their qualifying group and certainly didn't let themselves down and will probably qualify. That's a serious achievement for a 5th seeded team in that qualifying group.

Fair comments there, I do not get worked up about McCarthy he choose to play for Ireland and thats the end of the matter.

When I look back at the qualifying groups, I still do not get how some of those groups came together but thats UEFA for you.

Lets not get into the political side of things but  the  "British Irish"  is a good comment !!!

Good luck for tonight 

Unfortunately your playing the most cynical  team/country  in the world for grinding out results but hit them with your long ball game and they may well struggle, they have already qualified and it would not surprise me if they lost to you so that Belgium  get top spot and then have to play Spain

The Italian mentality will come into play in this one so you never know.

4 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Unfortunately your playing the most cynical  team/country  in the world for grinding out results but hit them with your long ball game and they may well struggle, they have already qualified and it would not surprise me if they lost to you so that Belgium  get top spot and then have to play Spain

The Italian mentality will come into play in this one so you never know.

Italy have won the group no matter what

8 minutes ago, wellyman said:

it would not surprise me if they lost to you so that Belgium  get top spot and then have to play Spain

Italy have won the group ma man , guaranteed, due to having beaten Belgium...

3 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Italy have won the group no matter what

If the Italians lose 1 v 0 to the Irish and the Belgium's beat Sweden 2 v 0 - they would have the same points  [6]  but Belgium would have a better goal difference  - or am i missing some new rule ???