This Board Needs Tunes - Page 376 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

12 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I've given Highway to Hell a 'like', but don't let it go to your head :hammer:

I've been told my head is big enough, not as in ego sense , but physically when I  bought a TASA hat that was a wee bit tight :lol:

5 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

@fringo I remember platform shoes, but did you ever wear a puffy shouldered blouse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4zEffBdj2E

Clicky for punch line?   (Feksake. What's the secret of good comedy? :( )

I do remember the shoes but never had the puffy shoulder jacket  (thankfully ).

My first ever gig was UFO at Card Hall , Dundee when I was about 13. Saw them twice more there n next 2-3 years.

Going back on Monday for my COVID vaccine so not quite as glamorous and not planning on jumping on stage in denims and leathers or asking for autographs from Phil Mogg and Pete Way & Co . :guitar::lol:

PS....... timing

1 minute ago, fringo said:

PPS - don't you get a big head as I've given you plenty of likes. :lol:

Pah! Only for the auld stuff.

Turns out you're just a youngster tho'. Got my jag today!

No ill effects yet, but hard to tell since still got hangover from last night.

1 minute ago, Grim Jim said:

Pah! Only for the auld stuff.

Turns out you're just a youngster tho'. Got my jag today!

No ill effects yet, but hard to tell since still got hangover from last night.

Maybe just fracrionally compared to you 😄

I have a few friends who got them in last 1-2 weeks and all fine. Maybe just a wee bit sore arm for a few hours or 1-2 days at worst (like a flu jab. I know a tiny minority of extended friends of friends who felt a bit low/unwell for 1-2 days too but a tiny minority. Still worth a slight chance of being a bit low for 1-2 days for a minority and for a high % of immunity.

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

I have a few friends who got them in last 1-2 weeks and all fine. Maybe just a wee bit sore arm for a few hours or 1-2 days at worst (like a flu jab. I know a tiny minority of extended friends of friends who felt a bit low/unwell for 1-2 days too but a tiny minority. Still worth a slight chance of being a bit low for 1-2 days for a minority and for a high % of immunity.

fractionally

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

I'm a fekkin' hypochondriac. If I knew what blood clots felt like I'd feel them!

2 minutes ago, bonzo said:

You all know I like a bit of cheese on a Friday night :rollsmile:

I love a slice of roasted cheese 😀

Edited by Grim Jim
Jeees. Can't believe I said that. Meant TOASTED. This place, I dunno.

1 minute ago, fringo said:

A blood/ear clot was what you got after a loud UFO gig in the early 1980s n the Caird Hall.😄

I mind we were standing close to the stage for once.   Close to what must have been the bass speakers.   Everything was wobbling inside.   We thought, too much.   Let's get back a bit.

There was a very young couple snoggin' just to the side of us at that point.   5 minutes later, the poor lad came running past cupping his mouth, concerned girlfriend in tow.   No your ears you have to watch out for sometimes :!: