This Board Needs Tunes - Page 758 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

2 hours ago, exile said:

What (if anything) is the connection to the previous one? 

That's weird.   After I posted my "I've trouble keeping up, never mind keeping track" reply, the TAMB/my browser supposedly jumped to the next page where I saw Chicken Shack & Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love (full posts, not quotes IIRC).

I thought they look recently familiar, but bombed on...

I remember, because after your own comments, I was thinking we could go round in a loop here.

2 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

Nice slipover, must have gone straight from his work to do the video 😀

When I saw Chris Robertson (lead vocals) on stage he was quite self deprecating about his appearance fronting a band; I guess like stand-up comics he liked to get the obvious out of the way early to undermine hecklers.

Edited by Grim Jim
No hecklers that night btw :D

13 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

This theme lends itself to posting new stuff, but I can't help myself 😁

I get a wee bit excited if an opportunity arises to post an old favourite...

Went to see Jon Spencer once a while back, possibly the Garage?? Great. 

22 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

I get a wee bit excited if an opportunity arises to post an old favourite...

Isn't that the fun of it. However disparate or novel the theme, it always seems possible to post an old favourite 😅

@StirlingEgg from what I can see JSBX were at he Garage in '99.   I think I saw them at the QMU in '02, so you're way ahead of me there;  and that was my first gig in 9 years.   (I'd got into 90s music, but just me and never thought to go.)

The start of my mid-life crisis if you like 😂   So I did go to the student's union with some new alt pals, but ironically one of our party, a day short of his 18th was refused.   Sad but funny, and we love to remind him.   The upstairs gallery was fairly empty except for a lovely pregnant lass giving her well underage wean a grand night out.

34 minutes ago, exile said:

Isn't that the fun of it. However disparate or novel the theme, it always seems possible to post an old favourite 😅

Yes definitely, plus the fact I've been wiped out by the lurgy for the past few days 🎻so this helps limit the doomscrolling or whatever modern affliction it is currently called...