Liam Bridcutt - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liam Bridcutt

Cove_Sheep

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

I actually agree with you with regards intent or malice mate, but that isn't relevant as to it being a red card or not. 

I appreciate that we can argue all day about what the laws 'should' be, but on current guidelines it just isn't even a debate for me. 

All about opinions though ;)

No truer a word said mate :ok:

I was another who witnessed this from C5 in the North Stand last night and I have to say in live time it didn't look that bad a tackle, it certainly sounded as if he made contact with the ball. However, watching the replay you can see it was a two-footed lunge with studs showing so should have been a red card even in a friendly. I will say however, I don't think it was a deliberately malicious tackle and IMO i think he was showing enthusiasm by chasing the man down to try and win possession back with a view to impress the gaffer and just got carried away in the heat of the moment. Maybe if we didn't keep giving the ball away, in the 2nd half especially, he might not have made that tackle, surely the players were a wee bit frustrated at the lack of possession as well as the crowd were. 

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Should not play for Scotland again.

Discuss...

If you don't like Bridcutt as a player then fair enough. If it sticks in the craw that he's not Scottish, that's fair enough too. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But...I can't agree that his (or anyone's) Scotland future should hinge on one bad tackle. Are you suggesting that we bin everyone who makes a bad challenge?

Or are you're saying that Bridcutt didn't show enough last night to warrant selection again? If so, fair enough, but I find it harsh to judge someone on 20 minutes of football, where the team were hanging on.

Edited by dieselarmy
rogue apostrophe

it was a bad tackle and should have been a red card.

to say he should never play for Scotland again is way OTT.

He is a good player and has done a good job in a hard game on a bad pitch for us in the past.

If you go down the road of he is not Scottish then we will need to ditch half the squad. i'm sure you were saying why is maloney 

playing for us after the ROI game. I don't like the rules on who can play for what country but they are in place and we have to use them like everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, stitch said:

it was a bad tackle and should have been a red card.

to say he should never play for Scotland again is way OTT.

He is a good player and has done a good job in a hard game on a bad pitch for us in the past.

If you go down the road of he is not Scottish then we will need to ditch half the squad. i'm sure you were saying why is maloney 

playing for us after the ROI game. I don't like the rules on who can play for what country but they are in place and we have to use them like everyone else. 

Are you seriously comparing Maloney to Bridcutt?

5 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Think that was just one of the examples that could be used to non Scottish born players.

Aye, someone born in Malaysia, with Scottish parents and also grew up in Scotland is clearly the same as someone born in another country whose ties to Scotland are one grandparent.

9 minutes ago, stitch said:

Cove try reading the post before you make a stupid comment.

Maloney is as Scottish as Birdcutt meaning both were born in another country.

I'd doubt Bridcutt had even been to Scotland before he met up with the squad at Mar Hall for the first time.

Maloney was born abroad, but to Scottish parents and moved back to Scotland as a kid.

5 minutes ago, stitch said:

Meaning they both use the rules to play for us. I don't care how you try to make it sound better for Maloney

HE is as SCOTTISH as Birdcutt....

What are you using to measure "Scottishness"?

:lol:

surely there's slightly more to it than place of birth?

7 minutes ago, stitch said:

Meaning they both use the rules to play for us. I don't care how you try to make it sound better for Maloney

Until Aberdonia gets independence, Maloney will remain Scottish.

This kid 'Bridcutt' will remain an English thug, with limited footballing ability.

7 minutes ago, stitch said:

I'm confused by this.

Are you saying they ARE Scottish or they are part time / fake / not Scottish as they both weren't born in Scotland ?